Audio cd only play part of first track

PhilGreen69

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hello,
I have a problem with a Hp computer running vista whereby adio cds only playa portion of the first track and rports errors on the remaning tracks. I have tried other cd players the computer and the same problem. I've reinstalled drivers, tried diferent SATA channels and differnt media player software with no joy

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
The CD is probably ten thousand times more likely to be the problem. Try giving it a REALLY good cleaning, (NOT A SHIRT!) use a proper solution. Or if possible find a digital download of the CD through a store such as iTunes for example.

Or seeing as you already own the CD and have paid for the rights to listen to them, you may just try finding the same CD online via a torrent site. Digital downloads avoid the problem that CD's have with a single scratch possibly rendering the entire Album(s) useless.

PhilGreen69

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012

Sorry my bad typing, I've swapped the CD drive in the computer with a known good drive from another computer, also the problem happens with all audio cds that work fine on other computers.

PhilGreen69

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
When using WMP I get "Media Player cannot play disc. disc may be damaged or dirty try error correction" on initially inserting the disc. Then if I look at the disc under playlist it will be play a short portion of the first track and on the play list show a red x next to the rest of the tracks. if I click the x to find out the error details it just says "error details". Itunes gives me now erroe message but show the same symptons i.e plays part of the first rack and won't play anything else. I have tried other software before but all with the same result. All the details of the tracks are shown i.e title, durations etc.