Sign in with
Your question

Tearing EAH5770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 11, 2010 12:08:14 PM

Hello,I have two EAH5770s, two 2GB Corsair DDR1333 RAM, Intel i7 860 and an Asus P7D55D-E motherboard and I have Windows 7 64-bit. When I run Modern Warfare 2 the images look like they are tearing/stretching to the left. This only happens while in the menu of the game. When running World of Warcraft it does the above mentioned throughout the game. I have installed all the newest drivers for every component in my computer except the BIOS. These cards are brand new. Please help.

More about : tearing eah5770

June 11, 2010 12:11:52 PM

can you control the FPS, something about 30 FPS, either with the ATI Control Panel, or other 3rd party software, or in the options menu if possible
June 11, 2010 1:01:13 PM

Try running the games in question with V-Sync and triple buffering enabled. Screen tears are often caused by graphics cards producing too many frames per second that the monitor can handle. Enabling V-Sync and triple buffering makes sure the graphics card is made to gives frames to your monitor at the optimal rate your monitor is capable of. This should either completely erradicate or significantly reduce the tearing phenomenon.
June 20, 2010 11:09:01 AM

I tried everything that was mentioned. I had 2 EAH5770 running in crossfire and I tried the last thing I could think of. I reinstalled all of my motherboard drivers and I also updated the graphics card drivers. I took the one card out and run the game (Modern Warfare 2) with on only the one card and no tearing. I then put in the other card in single mode and tearing and artifacting was real bad. So it turns out to be a faulty graphics card.

My setup:

Samsung 22" LCD
Asus P7P55D-E Motherboard
Intel 860 i7 @ 2.8 GHz
2x 2GB Corsair 1333 MHz
650W Cooler Master PSU
Asus EAH5770 Crossfire
Windows 7 64-bit
!