No AHCI mode in bios on new HP Env4 1043cl Ultrabook

jmusignac

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I buy an HP Envy4 1043cl Ultrabook.

6GB Factory Installed RAM upgradable to 16GB. Came with 500GB 5.4K RPM Sata III HDD with a 32 GB FFS SSD for Cache. The Motherboard is based on Intel HM77 Express platform controller hub (PCH), HP model 1894 (U3E1) Ivy Bridge with an i5 3317U, BIOS version F.0B dated 05/23/2012.

I see at the Intel Rapid Storage Technology app, that the system is configured in Acceleration Mode in a configuration with a 6GB Data Volume (FFS) and a 24GB Cache Volume, both displayed as RAID 0 and Data Stripes of 128KB for the 32GB mSata SSD as Cache.

I buy an Crucial M4 256GB SSD with the data transfer kit to upgrade. The issue is that there is no AHCI mode to select in the BIOS.

Crucial told me that I need to disable the Cache and enable ACHI.

My only options to enable/disable at the BIOS System Configuration (default values) are Virtualization Technology (Disabled), Fan Always On (disabled), Action Keys Mode, Intel Smart Connect Technology, Intel Rapid Start Technology (last three enabled) and Boot Options.

I found the driver at HP for Intel Rapid Storage Technology that states that the package contains the IRST driver and is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing for the Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller.

What are my real options? What should I do to install the 256GD Crucial M4 SSD and replace the factory installed SATA HDD and SSD Cache?

Help will be appreciated. ;-)

jmusignac

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Thanks ColGeek. The issue was that the PC had a mSATA Accelerator of 32GB connected by RAID0 to the Main HDD thru Intel Rapid Storage. I had to disable the RAID0 array, disable the accelerator and use the mSATA as an additional HDD. Then works fine.

The only issue was that I cannot install using the factory USB Image due to the image reconfigure the RAID0 again and had Blue screen when boot at Win7. I had to burn an ISO of the Win7 DVD and later restore all drivers from HP.

Thanks....

JM

TRENDING THREADS