Dual Boot

My version of XP home is damaged and I can't do a repair install but
have a copy of XP Pro. Is there any problems with loading XP Pro as a
separate boot to get in and backup my files?

TIA
Billy
2 answers Last reply
More about dual boot

    If you have the hard drive space then doing a new install of WinXP Pro with
    WinXP Home as dual boot will be no problem.
    If you can try to create another partition for XP Pro.
    <billyd1970@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My version of XP home is damaged and I can't do a repair install but
    > have a copy of XP Pro. Is there any problems with loading XP Pro as a
    > separate boot to get in and backup my files?
    >
    > TIA
    > Billy

    Thanks! That is the answer I was looking for. I was a bit worried I'd
    end up erasing my current data.

Configuration Dual Boot Windows XP