  • Configuration
  • Dual Boot
  • Windows XP
April 9, 2005 4:32:38 PM

My version of XP home is damaged and I can't do a repair install but
have a copy of XP Pro. Is there any problems with loading XP Pro as a
separate boot to get in and backup my files?

TIA
Billy

More about : dual boot

Anonymous
April 10, 2005 1:41:31 AM

If you have the hard drive space then doing a new install of WinXP Pro with
WinXP Home as dual boot will be no problem.
If you can try to create another partition for XP Pro.
<billyd1970@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My version of XP home is damaged and I can't do a repair install but
> have a copy of XP Pro. Is there any problems with loading XP Pro as a
> separate boot to get in and backup my files?
>
> TIA
> Billy

Anonymous
April 10, 2005 5:37:57 AM

Thanks! That is the answer I was looking for. I was a bit worried I'd
end up erasing my current data.