Sign in with
Your question

Hyper transfer sync flood error

Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
Last response: in Memory
May 2, 2011 1:50:33 AM

Hello. Today I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and after a few minutes of playing my computer would suddenly shut down and after reboot it said Hyper transfer sync flood error.........press F1 to continute. I googled my problem and it looked like the most common answer was that my ram voltage was too low. I went in to the BIOS to adjust my ram voltage and it was on auto by default and wouldnt let me change anything. I enabled OC Genie and it set my voltage up to 1.67, which I think is the max safe voltage for this ram and it also changed the timing from 9-9-9-24 to 8-8-8-20, and the frequency to 1201 mhz. I looked at the frequency in CPU-Z and it said it was at 607mhz, timings were same as the BIOS. I then tried the game again and had the same problem. This is the only game I've had any problems on.

Mobo: MSI 870-g45
CPU: AMD X4 965 3.4 Ghz
RAM: Corsair XMS3 1333mhz TW3X4G1333C9A
GPU: Asus HD6850
PSU: Coolermaster 750w

More about : hyper transfer sync flood error

May 3, 2011 1:20:33 AM

When i try to open the .exe file it says it is not compatible with the version of windows I am running. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. Am I wrong by trying to do this from windows? Or should I put this on a disc and do it from BIOS?
m
l
a b } Memory
May 3, 2011 11:38:34 AM

You can use live update from windows. If you haven't installed live update, you either need a bootable floppy with these files on it or if your motherboard supports booting from flash drive then you can go that route. Live update is the easiest of the three.

You can get live update 5 here.

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/870-G45.html#/?div=Utilit...
m
l
May 4, 2011 12:39:40 AM

OK, I updated the MB BIOS and I'm still having the same problem.
m
l
a b } Memory
May 4, 2011 11:51:25 AM

Sorry, I haven't owned an AMD platform in a while. Normally a bios update would fix the problem. Hopefully someone else will have something to add.
m
l
May 20, 2011 11:33:59 PM

Sorry it's been so long since I've replied to this topic, been very busy. So I reset my CMOS to set everything back to stock settings and went into BFBC2 and had the same error. I will try increasing my voltage slightly to my core this evening, but I'm wondering exactly which voltages i should change in AMD Overdrive. I have done alot of research on this in the past weeks and have seen alot of different methods for overclocking and it is kind of confusing. I am going to increase the CPU VID by .01 to start with. The current CPU VID is 1.35. Should i mess with NB VID, CPU VDDC, NB Core, or CPU HT voltages? Last night I increased my memory voltage from 1.5 to 1.55 but i still got the same error. Keep in mind that I am having this problem on stock settings. Also I am already getting 59c temp under max load with stock settings, so not much room for voltage increases. Should I maybe play with the ram voltage some more before messing with the cpu since my max safe ram voltage is 1.67?
m
l
May 21, 2011 6:12:44 PM

Ok I've increased the voltage to 1.375 and I'm still having the same problem. The temp of the CPU isn't going higher than 60c. I shouldn't be having any trouble running this game at stock settings and I'm kind of worried about pushing the voltage much further. Could the problem be Vdroop? And if so could it be wasting that much power? Waiting for some feedback before I go any further.
m
l
a b } Memory
May 23, 2011 11:34:00 AM

If the voltage bump isn't helping, I'd reset to stock. Increasing memory or NB voltage probably won't help unless your having memory issues.
m
l
May 23, 2011 10:11:46 PM

Ok, I found the problem. There is a thread on the BFBC2 forums about this and people were saying it was caused by some kind of conflict between Punkbuster and certain performance monitoring software, mainly MSI Afterburner. I turned off Afterburner, D3D Overrider and Core Temp and it ran fine all night with no errors, I set my voltages and lock back to stock and it continued to run error free. Solution? Turn off all performance monitoring software before running the game. :bounce: 
m
l
June 3, 2011 4:43:47 AM

Does anybody mind quoting my post before this so I can set this as solved?
m
l
!