Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CPUs and GPUs

Last response: in CPUs
September 20, 2010 2:00:06 PM

Hello,

Someone mentioned to me that AMD systems utilize better ATI cards better and Intel systems run Nvidia cards better. I was wondering if this was true, or even significant, as I am planning on building a new computer soon.

Thanks in advance.

More about : cpus gpus

Best solution

a b à CPUs
September 20, 2010 2:15:34 PM

I am not sure where someone gave you that idea. If that were the case, just think about how many people owning AMD systems wont buy the GTX460. Which in turn would be loss of business of either nVidia/Intel/AMD/ATI, whichever parties are involved.

So CPU and GPU have no correlation and are perfectly independent in their working and you can have any combination you want.
September 20, 2010 2:19:29 PM

Best answer selected by kg135.
Score
Related resources
a c 144 à CPUs
September 21, 2010 2:33:24 AM

Actually he is right just outdated. Something Like 10 years ago if you had Intel you went Nvida and if you had AMD you went ATI.
Score
a c 127 à CPUs
September 21, 2010 2:38:55 AM

popatim said:
Actually he is right just outdated. Something Like 10 years ago if you had Intel you went Nvida and if you had AMD you went ATI.

People still perpetuate this rumor since AMD owns ATI. In reality it doesn't matter.

The only time it matters is based on the best current CPU and which one will start to bottleneck the GPUs first.
Score
a c 131 à CPUs
September 21, 2010 2:43:20 AM

jimmysmitty said:
People still perpetuate this rumor since AMD owns ATI. In reality it doesn't matter.

The only time it matters is based on the best current CPU and which one will start to bottleneck the GPUs first.

It's going to perpetuate even more once AMD eliminate the ATI name and release their "AMD Radeon 6870"
Score
a b à CPUs
September 21, 2010 2:47:31 AM

popatim said:

Cobblers! I and many others were using AMD CPU's with Nvidia cards so the only person who wasn't would have been you.
Score
!