CPUs and GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg135

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hello,

Someone mentioned to me that AMD systems utilize better ATI cards better and Intel systems run Nvidia cards better. I was wondering if this was true, or even significant, as I am planning on building a new computer soon.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I am not sure where someone gave you that idea. If that were the case, just think about how many people owning AMD systems wont buy the GTX460. Which in turn would be loss of business of either nVidia/Intel/AMD/ATI, whichever parties are involved.

So CPU and GPU have no correlation and are perfectly independent in their working and you can have any combination you want.
I am not sure where someone gave you that idea. If that were the case, just think about how many people owning AMD systems wont buy the GTX460. Which in turn would be loss of business of either nVidia/Intel/AMD/ATI, whichever parties are involved.

So CPU and GPU have no correlation and are perfectly independent in their working and you can have any combination you want.

Solution

People still perpetuate this rumor since AMD owns ATI. In reality it doesn't matter.

The only time it matters is based on the best current CPU and which one will start to bottleneck the GPUs first.

It's going to perpetuate even more once AMD eliminate the ATI name and release their "AMD Radeon 6870"

Status
Not open for further replies.