multiplayer question

I have GOTY edition with .436 patch, as does my brother. I want to play
against him using a dialup connection DIRECT rather than going through he
internet (my ping times are far too slow, as are his). I'm running win ME
and he has XP. Does anyone know how to set this up??

Any help GREATLY appreciated!!

Dale.

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:37:53 +1000, "Dale Fletcher"
<ppetmar@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>I have GOTY edition with .436 patch, as does my brother. I want to play
>against him using a dialup connection DIRECT rather than going through he
>internet (my ping times are far too slow, as are his). I'm running win ME
>and he has XP. Does anyone know how to set this up??
>
>Any help GREATLY appreciated!!
>
>Dale.

You can't do what you want to do. You can either play a LAN game or a
'net game. One of you will have to set up as a password protected
server and the other will have to join by IP address.

Dale Fletcher wrote:
> I have GOTY edition with .436 patch, as does my brother. I want to play
> against him using a dialup connection DIRECT rather than going through he
> internet (my ping times are far too slow, as are his). I'm running win ME
> and he has XP. Does anyone know how to set this up??
>
> Any help GREATLY appreciated!!
>
> Dale.

You can do what do you want do. I play with a friend by a 33.6k modem
using RAS server on WinXp.