Sign in with
Your question

Will this computer run modern mmorpgs such as Aion?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 11, 2010 7:22:50 PM

Intel® Core™ i7-920 processor(8MB L3 Cache, 2.66GHz)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit

4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 4 DIMMs

500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5

I'm getting the Dell XPS 9000 with these specifications for around $1,300. I can't afford to spend much more. I want to get a system that will run Aion and mmo's of similar graphics at around 60 fps average without dipping much below 40 regardless of the situation in-game. I have been researching for a few weeks and feel that this is the best I can get for my money. Will it do the trick for at least the next few years?

Also, how upgradeable are pre-built Dell computers?

Thanks so much to anyone who can answer
a c 235 U Graphics card
June 11, 2010 7:50:37 PM

it will me more then enough since most MMO are graphically built to allow the maximum amount of players

unlike the DELL standard line of PCs, the XPS are built using ATX mobos and the BIOS allows you to OC the CPU so they have solid upgrading ability
m
l
June 11, 2010 10:40:00 PM

I'm not sure what kind of moniter I have. Its just a generic Dell 19 inch I bought last year. I doubt its 1080.

My college laptop just isn't cutting it anymore and I want to make sure whatever I get will be able to run mmorpgs very well for the next few years.

Even if I'm overspending a bit, do you think that the system I'm getting will run the game very smoothly at high setting?

Please any advice would be great. I'm all set to buy the computer, and I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my money.

Thanks so much
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 12, 2010 12:07:44 AM

yes, that will easily run anything you throw at it. games like AION are not very demanding, do you will have no troubles (at least, other than the game itself, bad optimization, lag etc)
m
l
!