System hangs upon User Account access

I just did a fresh XP Home install. I wanted to create a separate User
Account for my wife. I went into User Accounts and did so, giving admin
rights and no passwords.

Problem: when I log out myself to the Welcome screen and try to log in
under her newly-created Account Name, the system hangs at 'loading personal
settings.' Her desktop never loads and I need to reboot.

The interesting thing is that Fast Switching Users seems to work OK.

Any ideas? Maybe a Service needs tweaking?
1 answer Last reply
More about system hangs user account access

    See if creating a new user account helps. If so, you can then copy the files
    from old profile to the new.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Oxboy1212" <Oxboy1212@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I just did a fresh XP Home install. I wanted to create a separate User
    > Account for my wife. I went into User Accounts and did so, giving admin
    > rights and no passwords.
    >
    > Problem: when I log out myself to the Welcome screen and try to log in
    > under her newly-created Account Name, the system hangs at 'loading
    > personal
    > settings.' Her desktop never loads and I need to reboot.
    >
    > The interesting thing is that Fast Switching Users seems to work OK.
    >
    > Any ideas? Maybe a Service needs tweaking?

Configuration Windows XP