System hangs upon User Account access

April 9, 2005 6:55:02 PM

I just did a fresh XP Home install. I wanted to create a separate User
Account for my wife. I went into User Accounts and did so, giving admin
rights and no passwords.

Problem: when I log out myself to the Welcome screen and try to log in
under her newly-created Account Name, the system hangs at 'loading personal
settings.' Her desktop never loads and I need to reboot.

The interesting thing is that Fast Switching Users seems to work OK.

Any ideas? Maybe a Service needs tweaking?
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 2:50:22 PM

See if creating a new user account helps. If so, you can then copy the files
from old profile to the new.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP