Solved

Heatsink and fan needed

I need a heatsink and fan for this processor and mobo combination http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.436339. I don't need anything fancy just reliable...no gaming here.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about heatsink needed
  1. The retail packaged CPU has a stock AMD heat sink and fan. Did you want something a bit more powerful?
  2. Here are a few 92mm fan sized CPU coolers that should fit in your case and AM3 CPU:
    XIGMATEK HDT-S963 / ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro / Cooler Master Hyper TX3 / Sunbeam 92mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler

Stock cooler:

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro
  3. I didn't realize the cpu came with heat sink and fan....Would I get extra benefit from upgrading with what I do?
  4. There are 2 benefits. (1) It will cool the CPU better at stock speeds. (2) If/when you decide to overclock your CPU you'll get better results - a higher oveclock at cooler temps.
  5. Best answer
    The flip side is the stock cooler is free. And adding a $30 cpu cooler to a $60 cpu isn't that good a value for the $$ spent.
  6. I agree with your previous post...probably not worth it since I don't plan to OC.

WR2 I really appreciate your help the last week!! You have helped in so many ways. I would love to repay you somehow. I have whole library full of live concerts if your interested.
  7. You're welcome.
    Any Hootie and the Blowfish?
  8. Probably not, but I'll look when I get my other system up and running. I literally have hundreds of concerts on file. I'll send you an IM when I get going.
  9. Best answer selected by cosmicharlie.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Heatsinks Fan Processors Systems Product