Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to find CPU temps?

Last response: in CPUs
September 20, 2010 9:32:45 PM

OK this might be a dumb question but people keep on saying my CPU is this CPU temp is that. I'm planning to build my first system in a few weeks. How do you figure out the CPU temp, is it built in on the motherboard and displays in windows or something? or do you have to get a fan controller or something? The motherboard seems more reasonable since it has to control fans using PWM, but how does it show that? I doubt its in windows
Thanks

More about : find cpu temps

Best solution

a c 78 à CPUs
a c 234 V Motherboard
September 20, 2010 11:05:16 PM

When you build your PC , you can find your CPU temp at post by reviewing the System Monitoring area of your BIOS. However, I recommend you download one of the following programs and monitor temps within Windows.

RealTemp
HWMonitoring
CoreTemp
SpeedFan

Also, download Prime95 and run the Blend or Small FFT test fie minimum of two hours to determine full load temps with one of the programs above.
a c 134 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2010 12:28:54 AM

Do not be alarmed if the temps between the program and the bios are different. They often are.

Also if one program doesnt work, try another. Not all of them work in every computer.
Related resources
September 21, 2010 10:27:31 PM

tecmo34 said:
When you build your PC , you can find your CPU temp at post by reviewing the System Monitoring area of your BIOS. However, I recommend you download one of the following programs and monitor temps within Windows.

RealTemp
HWMonitoring
CoreTemp
SpeedFan

Also, download Prime95 and run the Blend or Small FFT test fie minimum of two hours to determine full load temps with one of the programs above.

Thanks for the links and programs
September 21, 2010 10:27:49 PM

Best answer selected by zooman580.
!