AMD Athlon II X4 620 shows six cores

bartsarzy

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
I have an Asus motherboard with an AMD Athlon II X4 620 CPU that has "Core Unlocker," after reading some forums on what is does, I gave it a try. After I did this, and went into my BIOS to check temps I noticed it said that I now have 6 cores. I know this is a quad core, but is this possible or is it just reading it wrong? Also, if there were 6 cores and I decided to use them, how do I know my computer will be stable? Thank you in advance.

I am going to doubt it only because the Athlon II X4 620 was released back in September of 2009 (one year ago) and unless AMD has switched to making Hexacores only and cutting them to quad, ti and dual cores then its either missreading from the BIOS or a troll.

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/8025/

Not quite. Looks like some ES samples went out but it has never been released nor set for a release. Its speculated it may go to OEMs but still there is nothing out there to support that it ever will be released.

The 970BE is a officially announced CPU that should be out for retail as well as OEM.

bartsarzy

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
005.jpg
002.jpg
[/img][/img]

The first pictures is before, second is after I unlocked it

bartsarzy

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010

Sorry it took a while to reply, I had homework to do, anyway, I ran CPUz and I got this..........

Capture.png
[/img]

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
Hes taking the piss btw.. Just play along...

Yeah awesome mate, love it dude, just used SIS's Bios Unlocker and got the Sandybridge Hyperthread matrix under iron working, Now runs at 7.233Ghz..

coalesce

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I just built a PC last weekend with an Athlon II X3 445 on an ASUS M4A88T-M Motherboard and when you set ACC and Unleashing mode to On you can manually turn each core on and off. It lists 2nd Core through 6th Core - so 6 cores. I dont have the PC anymore so i can't take a picture of the BIOS but what he's saying is true. The ASUS board will probably show 6 cores - just Core 5 and 6 don't really exist. My thinking is that it's for the Thubans.

edit for correct motherboard model ><

bartsarzy

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Since everyone here thinks that I was messing with them even though I wasn’t, I would like to say that I did not white out anything. I do not know why CPU z is not reading it. I could be from a major virus attack I has about a week ago that spend through my home network. I don't know if I still have the virus but I can't get AMD Overdrive to work or Cpuid HWMonitor. HWMonitor shows these Chinese symbol like things. Pic below. So listen I was not trying to start some sort of lie, I just want some answers. This was my first time owning something from AMD, and I just asked a simple question and wanted a simple answer, not this BS that I'm trolling. So I didn't want to start any type of trouble. And don't start a lie saying that I put them there because I didn't.
Capture3.png
[/img]

bartzarzy2

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Sorry about long time to respond. I lost my account and a bunch of stuff happened in the last few weeks my power supply blew up and I have been dealing with homework. everything worked out. here's the screenshot and all the info

pic.jpg