Sign in with
Your question

Intel chipst series 6 drivers

Last response: in Motherboards
May 2, 2011 8:27:44 PM

Hi.

I don't get the Intel Chipset driver update thing. I downloaded the latest chipset driver package from Intel for my Series 6 chipset that's on my ASUS P8P67 motherboard and installed it (version 9.2.1030 I believe). The thing is is that it doesn't seem to update my "usb enhanced host Controller 1C26" driver (it's still version 9.2.0.1013), wouldn't this be part of the package? The latest driver for the Usb host Controller is supposed to be 9.2.0.1021 and "driver detective" is reporting my current driver (9.2.0.1013) as out of date. I've been trying to find the driver for the usb host controller 1C26 to no avail, not even on the Intel site.

It's also the same for the "PCI Express Root Port 1 -1C10 driver", "Driver Detective" is saying it's out of date, but I would think the latest Intel package would've included updating this driver also, since it's Intel.

a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2011 9:20:58 PM

What are you trying to do?

Intel didn't make the motherboard, Asus did, so how would Intel have the drivers for your usb controller??

Install the motherboards chipset drivers from Asus website or use the CD that came with your motherboard, not Intel.

All the drivers you motherboard needs are on the cd or on Asus website.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2011 12:29:34 AM

keto6789 said:
Hi.

I don't get the Intel Chipset driver update thing. I downloaded the latest chipset driver package from Intel for my Series 6 chipset that's on my ASUS P8P67 motherboard and installed it (version 9.2.1030 I believe). The thing is is that it doesn't seem to update my "usb enhanced host Controller 1C26" driver (it's still version 9.2.0.1013), wouldn't this be part of the package? The latest driver for the Usb host Controller is supposed to be 9.2.0.1021 and "driver detective" is reporting my current driver (9.2.0.1013) as out of date. I've been trying to find the driver for the usb host controller 1C26 to no avail, not even on the Intel site.

It's also the same for the "PCI Express Root Port 1 -1C10 driver", "Driver Detective" is saying it's out of date, but I would think the latest Intel package would've included updating this driver also, since it's Intel.

The USB driver download is separate from the chipset package.
Click here:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P6...
Choose your OS (I see you are running Windows 7 64-bit) and you will see the latest USB drivers.
Cheers!
m
l
Related resources
May 3, 2011 1:14:28 AM

geekapproved said:
What are you trying to do?

Intel didn't make the motherboard, Asus did, so how would Intel have the drivers for your usb controller??

Install the motherboards chipset drivers from Asus website or use the CD that came with your motherboard, not Intel.

All the drivers you motherboard needs are on the cd or on Asus website.

Yes, but the Host Controller is made by Intel, not ASUS.
m
l
a c 107 V Motherboard
May 3, 2011 2:59:38 AM

Those drivers are only available in the package, not individually. That's why your searches turned up nothing.

If you really really really want to see if the drivers will update, reboot your machine. Once it's up in Windows, immediately install the driver package and do nothing else. Once the install is finished, reboot again. See if that satisfies DD.

My recommendation: Stop using DD. You don't need it. The only drivers that you really need to make sure are up to date are for the graphics card. For the rest of the system you could use the versions you initially started with and likely wouldn't ever have a problem even after five years of use.
m
l
May 3, 2011 6:02:55 AM

Leaps-from-Shadows said:
Those drivers are only available in the package, not individually. That's why your searches turned up nothing.

If you really really really want to see if the drivers will update, reboot your machine. Once it's up in Windows, immediately install the driver package and do nothing else. Once the install is finished, reboot again. See if that satisfies DD.

My recommendation: Stop using DD. You don't need it. The only drivers that you really need to make sure are up to date are for the graphics card. For the rest of the system you could use the versions you initially started with and likely wouldn't ever have a problem even after five years of use.

Thanks Leaps! Yeah, I never updated Chipset drivers in my old systems and never had any troubles. I think DD is just trying to make money.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2011 1:20:25 PM

keto6789 said:
Yes, but the Host Controller is made by Intel, not ASUS.

So is the chipset, that doesn't mean you get the drivers from Intel, you get them from Asus, as a package or on the cd that came with it. :lol: 
m
l
May 3, 2011 5:50:53 PM

geekapproved said:
So is the chipset, that doesn't mean you get the drivers from Intel, you get them from Asus, as a package or on the cd that came with it. :lol: 

I did get them from my ASUS cd, unfortunately they weren't up to date and Intel had released newer versions. Problem solved though, because I guess you don't need the latest versions unless something is not working right.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2011 7:15:28 PM

keto6789 said:
I did get them from my ASUS cd, unfortunately they weren't up to date and Intel had released newer versions. Problem solved though, because I guess you don't need the latest versions unless something is not working right.

Correct, but you still can get the package from Asus website, or in most cases, your motherboard comes with a utility that automatically updates your drivers.
m
l
!