New Sapphire HD5830 and BSOD sadly

G

Hi guys!

I have a problem. I used to have a nvidia 9800 gx2 which sadly died on me about a month after the warranty ended. So I needed a new one and got myself a Sapphire HD5830. Since then I've had problems as I experience a BSOD. I tried updating to newest drivers available, but no help from there. Then i googled a bit and found out that people used to have blue screen problems with 10.4 drivers and went back on to 10.3. So did I and it seemed to work, but while playing Crysis Warhead today it crashed again. Screen just went black and I couldn't do anything but restart. When Windows booted up, it said that I had experienced a Blue Screen. I have ran out of ideas what to do so I decided to turn to you guys. I'm not even sure if this is about my GPU. When installing the ATI card, I did a total format to the computer.

My specs:
Intel core 2 duo e8200
Sapphire ATI hd8530
Maximus Formula motherboard with a Soundfx II sound card.
4GB RAM
850W Antec PSU

anything else you need to know?

Thanks in advance
Kaspar.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Fresh install, so driver conflicts are out.
850w Antec... no PSU issues.

Run the sound off the onboard and see if the crashes occure with your SoundFX card physically removed from the motherboard.

G

I'll try it out.

Some adittional info about the blue screen:

------------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1061

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 8673237C
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061210-17160-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kaspar\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29468-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

-------------------

apants

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Mate. I just bought 2 x Gigabyte 5830 cards and installed the latest released drivers. In short, I don't care what the card make is, Nvidia or ATi. As long as they work. I've never had a blue screen ever with Win7 and for 3 days now I've had nothing but BSOD's

1. Don't complain on any ATi/AMD forums they just delete your post and Ip ban you.
2. Get rid of them
At a cost of AU$700.00 I literally gave them to the first computer enthusiast I could find that wanted them 5 minutes before I bought two new Nvidia cards.

As I said I don't care about brand names just that they work. I am now dedicated to advertising on 4 of my websites that AMD is a joke and I recommend never to buy them.

PS
The official word was to research the forums and find a solution. I have better things to do and refused to waste time when Nvidia works out of the box.

cheers

EDIT

Why would a person want to remove a sound card? Why would somebody have to go to such measures to fix something that one would expect to work in the first place?