Sign in with
Your question

Can i connect myBlack Altec Lansing 5 1 Speaker System ADA995 to my tv

Last response: in Components
September 21, 2010 7:33:11 AM

i have Black Altec Lansing 5.1 Speaker System ADA995 ,i dont want to buy any more speacker .
how can i hook thses up to my denon av ?
September 21, 2010 7:11:25 PM

Yes you can hook this up to your TV using stereo sound 2.1

on your denon av you will need to provide a model number or a picture of the connections on back. please also provide the connections on the ADA995
September 22, 2010 10:20:54 PM

christiangordon said:
Yes you can hook this up to your TV using stereo sound 2.1

on your denon av you will need to provide a model number or a picture of the connections on back. please also provide the connections on the ADA995

my denon is avr 3802

5 speakers with phono type plugs connect to the back of my sub which would normally connect to the back of my pc with 3 phono (black yellow green) phono type plugs
Related resources
a b x TV
September 23, 2010 1:30:19 AM

You'll need 3 of these (or simular): http://www.amazon.com/Male-3-5mm-Stereo-Female-Y-Cable/...

Connect the actual speakers to your sub as normal.
Connect 1of the y-cables rca jacks to the denon Front L & R speaker out. Connect the speakers Front mini jack to this, the one from the sub.
Connect another to Denon Rear L & R speaker out. Connect the Speakers Rear mini jack to this
Connect the last one to Denons Sub and center which should connect to the sub & center mini plug. Please note that we have no way to tell if the rca's for the sub are on correctly. start off at a low volume on both the tv and the speakers and see if center and sub are working correctly, If not the swap the two rca jacks on the back of the denon.
September 24, 2010 6:45:44 AM

popatim said:
You'll need 3 of these (or simular): http://www.amazon.com/Male-3-5mm-Stereo-Female-Y-Cable/...

Connect the actual speakers to your sub as normal.
Connect 1of the y-cables rca jacks to the denon Front L & R speaker out. Connect the speakers Front mini jack to this, the one from the sub.
Connect another to Denon Rear L & R speaker out. Connect the Speakers Rear mini jack to this
Connect the last one to Denons Sub and center which should connect to the sub & center mini plug. Please note that we have no way to tell if the rca's for the sub are on correctly. start off at a low volume on both the tv and the speakers and see if center and sub are working correctly, If not the swap the two rca jacks on the back of the denon.

Hi thanks ,
Just ordered leads ,will let u know how get on
Fingers crossed

Sounds easy enough
September 26, 2010 8:44:41 PM

Great got the cable
It does the trick

Thanks great result
a b x TV
September 26, 2010 9:40:22 PM

Enjoy!
January 7, 2014 2:42:35 PM

Okay, sorry to bring up an old thread. Could someone please help me. Same speaker system, ADA995, which I am currently using with an adaptor for mono sound from my iPod. Want to now buy an AV receiver and hook it up to the speakers to use with my TV. If I bought something like the link below, how would I do this? Can I follow the above instructions and just cut the RCA cables? Do they work like that? And could someone please explain exactly what goes into what?

Thanks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AVR-X500-AV-Surround-Rece...
!