Sign in with
Your question

Dell Deminsion 2400 Upgrade Questions

Last response: in Motherboards
May 3, 2011 6:23:19 AM

My biggest question is what is the fastest/most powerful CPU I can put into this motherboard?

Second question is, basiclaly the same as above, except RAM.

I'm trying to help my younger sister upgrade her computer, I don't have access to the machine in order to open it & get any thing extremly specific. I know the RAM was switched from it's 512MB stick to a GB stick. BUt that's all I know, everything else should be the same as how it ships from Dell.

I am able to "remote control" the computer, so if you need any information that I didn't list but able to get by remoting into it, let me know.

EDIT:
Obviously there is a budget, unfortunately I don't know what that is. I haven't asked them and just trying to see what the ballpark price will be so I can let her know that way.
May 3, 2011 6:30:48 AM

Where can I get an XP machine that's decent?

Yes, i t needs to have Windows XP. She already has one with Vista & 7, but needs one with XP for work.
m
l
Related resources
a c 1097 V Motherboard
May 3, 2011 6:51:44 AM

What kind of work? Regular office work, the Dell is not too bad for that.
m
l
May 3, 2011 7:31:42 AM

I'm not 100% sure, she deals with online work, she takes phone calls through her computer. Telemarketing type work, but I think she takes inbound calls.
m
l
a c 1097 V Motherboard
May 3, 2011 9:18:31 AM

The Dell should handle that fine as is maybe increase the ram to the max 2GB.
m
l
May 3, 2011 9:02:11 PM

It's too old to be LGA 775, so upgrading the CPU is essentially impossible, because the availability of such old parts is essentially none.
m
l
!