Dell Inspiron Desktop 580s vs Dell Inspiron Desktop 560

Solution
^am I missing something? It looks like the only difference is the CPU (and therefore motherboard) and ram. Why would he get the costlier and inferior system.
Also, it looks like an i5 dual core, not and i3 in the 580 system.

The 560 can only have socket 775 since that is the only socket that the core 2 duo supports.

you really don't want a sff unit if you plan on any upgrading in the future.
uhhh... what? The 580 has more expansion slots... Even then, it only has one additional PCI-e x1 slot. I don't see why you are basing your entire recommendation on form factor.
^am I missing something? It looks like the only difference is the CPU (and therefore motherboard) and ram. Why would he get the costlier and inferior system.
Also, it looks like an i5 dual core, not and i3 in the 580 system.

The 560 can only have socket 775 since that is the only socket that the core 2 duo supports.

you really don't want a sff unit if you plan on any upgrading in the future.
uhhh... what? The 580 has more expansion slots... Even then, it only has one additional PCI-e x1 slot. I don't see why you are basing your entire recommendation on form factor.

Solution
Ok. Well, my opinion is the 580. It's less expensive and more powerful.
I also don't see a reason why the 580 cannot be upgraded to a core i5 or core i7 while the 560 can be upgraded to a core 2 quad. Where are you getting this?

Let's hear from the OP, what do you want to do with your computer? Any upgrades? How long will you be keeping it?

TRENDING THREADS