Sign in with
Your question

Hard disk

Last response: in CPUs
September 21, 2010 8:41:25 AM

how to repar hard disk

More about : hard disk

September 21, 2010 8:55:49 AM

they say lesss is more but not in this case .......
maybe more info is good like whats wrong with it ?
m
l
September 21, 2010 9:57:33 AM

Reapir physcially? Not possible (or not that ive heard you can) Myths and magical stories say freezeing the HDD for a while will help.. never tried it and i think its utter fibs (lies)

But you can do a scandisk within windows, this repairs any missing files/mbr/bad sectors as such - other than that nothing i dont think
m
l
Related resources
September 21, 2010 10:30:41 AM

sry dude you english is really hard to understand
cant help ya buddie just buy a new one, they are cheap enough these days and why waste time with a faulty one cause it may only get worst
m
l
September 21, 2010 10:38:03 AM

Trying to get old data off it maybe? Could be a reason i guess
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 21, 2010 2:51:36 PM

reccy said:
Reapir physcially? Not possible (or not that ive heard you can) Myths and magical stories say freezeing the HDD for a while will help.. never tried it and i think its utter fibs (lies)

But you can do a scandisk within windows, this repairs any missing files/mbr/bad sectors as such - other than that nothing i dont think

I have done freezing on two hard drives and it worked on one, the head expanded from the head and the freezing helped shrink the head, attached the hard drive to an icepack and recovered the data off of it before it died and havent used it since, still have it...
m
l
September 21, 2010 2:58:58 PM

Seriously? Maybe it does work, had heard stories, but thought people were taking the buggeries, right, in with the 3 IDE's and out with the Frozen fish, chicken....
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 21, 2010 6:22:40 PM

reccy said:
Seriously? Maybe it does work, had heard stories, but thought people were taking the buggeries, right, in with the 3 IDE's and out with the Frozen fish, chicken....

I was really suprised it worked myself thought it was just going to be a waste of time but what did I have to lose, but it depends on how the disk failed, if its a head crash you are screwed. Mine was a 40GB Maxtor that came with my dell back in '02. Let us know if it works for you.
m
l
!