Still in doubt with my build: please help!

G

Not sure if to go for:

1) i7 930 Sli GTX470

2) i5 750 Crossfire radeon 5870
-Can you do good crossfire on a i5 750 or is it best to go sli?
-Can you recommend a good motherboard for i5 and crossfire with PCi16 lanes?

This are my doubts.. thanks for your time

G

Nope..
I have to choose between the i7930 and the 5870

Is intel good with crossfire? what mobo you recommend for a good crossfire setup dual 5870 and the i5 750?

thanks

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
I also have the board Hell_storm2004 mentions.. Again, good board - many overclocking features..

regarding the GTX 470 - teh first one runs towards the cards temp limit 105oC (Mine is at 80oC to 90oC) and due to this, the cards fan is pretty much flat out and quite loud, i have headphones so not much of a problem, but may become one if you have speakers instead..

Other than that - Perfect setup, awesome build, Wild graphics :)

G

Thanks guys, what about this motherboard?
Asus P7h57d-v Evo OR Asus P7p55d Pro

Cant find your P6X58D-E where I buy it

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
Why? a PSU is a PSU, rated at 750w so its been tested by the manufactuer under serious load to preduce this sort of wattage, weather its a Huntkey, Coolermaster, Corsair etc.. Each to there own i guess.. Never had a PSU go down on me, even if i do, all warranted anyways :)

This is absolutely true! There are two aspects of labeling a PSU. CM rate their PSU's with the maximum capacity it can output, not the average. While other reputed brands do the rating with the average output power. That's why you would see that a Corsair VX450W delivering more than 500W watts of power for short bursts, even when it is rated at 450W (which is there average output).

The only good CM PSU is the Silent Power Pro series.