phillyfella

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I'm running a 2.8 ghz AMD Phenom II X6; 8 g ram; 64 bit Win 7 Home Prem.; ASUS Pro USB 3 MB; 2 HDD. I'm trying to install/Quick format an OCZ Vertex 4 256g SSD. I've downloaded drivers, re-booted (several times) -- all to no avail. The drive appears in disk mgmt. as "removable media" As such, I obviously can't get to the format function. I've tried booting up with the drive connected to the MB as well as trying to bring it up on USB; the result, above, does not vary. I've gone through WyomingKnott's guide to no avail.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

phillyfella

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
UPDATE: First ... thanks all for the quick (and helpful) responses. For info, correct drivers were installed, AHCI set, etc. For umpteenth time, I took installation apart, reassembled, re-started and the drive found life. For anyone else with the same issue, I'm afraid I can't help; I have no idea why it worked this time and not all those before.
Another, more basic issue: I cloned my C (primary) drive to the SSD with the intent of picking up re-boot speed/program access. As there are no jumpers, etc for an SSD, am I safe to simply pull the HDD and use the SSD in its place. Probably sounds stupid but this is my first experience with SSDs.
Again, many thanks.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
I'm guessing that one of the sata connections (power or data cable) was loose. They designed those connectors badly, they just pull right off, I don't know how many times I've been jacking around in my case and accidentally knocked off a SATA cable...

Latest posts