Three monitors on an ATI Radeon HD 5570

moparcon

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
I have three monitors hooked up to my ATI Radeon HD 5570. It has three monitor ins, VGA, DVI, and HDMI. I have a Dell 1907FP hooked up to the HDMI port (I have a cable that has DVI to monitor and HDMI to computer) I have a ViewPanel VPA150 hooked up to the VGA port, and I have a Gateway FPD1510 hooked up to the DVI port. I have the two monitors working (ViewPanel and Dell) but in Catalyst Control Center when I try to extend the Gateway CCC says something like "If you extend this monitor another monitor will have to be disabled" And I clicked continue it just disabled the ViewPanel and replaced it with The Gateway. I wondered if there is anyway I could get the three monitors all extended, not like eyefinity but just so I can move windows to other ones

pixar1942

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
ahhhhh i check your card on new egg. i dont think there is a 3 monitor eyefinity on that 5570 since its a low end .... and the socket for monitor is just 2... 1 hdmi and 1 dvi 1 d-sub .... i think you need to cross fire it to get another socket for monitor either hdmi or dvi ........ but i can say is your not gonna enjoy your game if you make a 3 monitor on a 5570 because it gives you a very low fps i guess 5fps T_T

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

A review from Techspot.com said, "We have to give it to AMD, however, it's a great idea to keep all features intact across the entire HD 5000 series. The Radeon HD 5570 can take advantage of triple monitor output, if not for gaming, Windows and productivity apps will work just fine."
AMD's HD5570 page also states it supports 3 monitor setup. However, a single card can only support 2 monitors at a time. As pixar1942 said, you will need to crossfire the card to get the third display.

If I get around to it, I will test it on my AMD 890GX based board to see if it works (at least until I can buy a HD5770 or better).