Sign in with
Your question

Will nvidia geforce 9600 gso and nvidia 260 work together

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 12, 2010 4:41:35 PM

can i install 2 nvidia cards on gigabyte 1366 mobo 1= nvidia 260 GTX and 1=nvidia 9600 GSO? how does one do it ?
a c 1411 U Graphics card
a c 161 Î Nvidia
June 12, 2010 4:51:18 PM

You can not run them in SLI but you can run them as two individual cards or use the 9600GSO as a dedicated Physx card.
June 12, 2010 5:32:58 PM

please explain if there are any benifits to your reply.also when i did add the 9600 gso to the 260 gtx on the mobo. it beep ! what do i need to do cheers
Related resources
a c 273 U Graphics card
a c 172 Î Nvidia
June 12, 2010 6:03:49 PM

Is the "beep" power related perhaps?
June 12, 2010 7:09:40 PM

ok i read your your reply, still not fully understanding after i read what guru said.as regards power supply to card i will get back to you on that as i have to shut down my computer ,i would like to say a big thank you for your time so i will get back to you tomorrow thank you
June 12, 2010 9:34:07 PM

ive just checked power supply your right on done some rewireing now i have the two cards intalled on my pc. i check the properties etc of both cards both have this physx enabled. when i rebooted my pc i found that i had to change the monitor lead from the nvidia 260 connector to the geforce 9600 connector for the monitor to be activated, does this mean that i have downgraded graphics to the level of geforce 9600 ?as the nvidia 260 is the better card .all drivers are installed. is there any tests i can do which will show me any benifits of this installations of the second graphics card ?
a c 273 U Graphics card
a c 172 Î Nvidia
June 12, 2010 9:42:54 PM

Which drivers are you using? And have you enabled the indicators? If yes, then run Vantage.
June 13, 2010 4:03:54 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Which drivers are you using? And have you enabled the indicators? If yes, then run Vantage.

i have enabled the indicators in nvidia control panel but something about "set multi-gpu configuration under 3D settings" i could not see that anywhere.im not sure about your " run vantage " so i`ll google that and get back to you thank you very much for your time i do appreciate it.
a c 273 U Graphics card
a c 172 Î Nvidia
June 13, 2010 4:16:10 PM

psimin said:
i have enabled the indicators in nvidia control panel but something about "set multi-gpu configuration under 3D settings" i could not see that anywhere.im not sure about your " run vantage " so i`ll google that and get back to you thank you very much for your time i do appreciate it.

The only setting you might have to play with sometimes is the SLi performance mode one when sometimes you may have to use that to force SLi, but still might not work.
June 13, 2010 4:49:17 PM

Mousemonkey said:
The only setting you might have to play with sometimes is the SLi performance mode one when sometimes you may have to use that to force SLi, but still might not work.

i think i found VANTAGE i ran the test [3D MARK VANTAGE ] gave me the thumbs up pass so thank you for that. now i have 2 different cards both geforce one is 260gtx and the other is 9600gso i have connect another monitor and i have got the extended showing on both monitors,so that seems ok.now your SLI performance not sure but i will look into that now and will get back to ok ? so thank you.[ remember i have windows 7 .64 bit ] cheers
a c 273 U Graphics card
a c 172 Î Nvidia
June 13, 2010 4:53:49 PM

You're not running SLi so you won't see that option, I was just saying that it's the only setting I've ever had to play with.
June 14, 2010 9:10:26 PM

cheers and a big thank you.all the best to you paul
!