1. Right-click on a folder and choose "Properties".
2. When the "Properties" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, select "Customize".
3. Click the "Change Icon" or "Folder Picture" button.
4. If you have a Restore Default use that. Otherwise choose the icon you wish to use and click "OK", or click "Browse" to browse your system for other icons. Look for .ICO and .EXE files on your system for more icons. You can even download some freeware icons over the Internet.
5. Press "OK" to close the dialog box and your Icon should be updated.