Sign in with
Your question

New Motherboard

Last response: in Systems
July 21, 2010 12:02:59 PM

After 2 months of trouble shooting all things possible, i decided to buy a motherboard.

So the question is, which?

The MSI GD-70 is a very good looking motherboard... Show me the boards you think are better/cheaper and still offers the same. I do not plan to Crossfire 4 cards, not even 2, maybe some time in the future i'd take 2 cards in crossfire, so having the option is good :) 

Help me out! I'm gonna buy the board today, and keep in mind i live in Denmark so i might not be able to get all boards thats out yet.

(Troubleshooting thread is here if you want to see: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277267-12-help-guys... )
:cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

More about : motherboard

a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 12:13:46 PM

I would say u dun sound like a crazy enthusiast so stick to single GPU options and hit a nice 870 mobo?

Gigabyte 870A-UD3
MSI 870A-G54
Asrock Extreme3 870
Biostar TA870+
Asus M4A870/USB3
July 21, 2010 12:27:42 PM

I heard 870 actually performed worse than 790?..
And if not then why should i get a 870 that probably costs more?
Related resources
July 21, 2010 1:39:07 PM

Nothing is even using Sata 3 to max yet, and i wont be using USB 3..
I doubt i'll be using anything a 870 can give that a 790 cant, and you still didnt prove whether or not 870 is better than 790FX :p 
a b V Motherboard
July 22, 2010 10:49:18 AM

Kharnak said:
I heard 870 actually performed worse than 790?..
And if not then why should i get a 870 that probably costs more?

Kharnak said:
Nothing is even using Sata 3 to max yet, and i wont be using USB 3..
I doubt i'll be using anything a 870 can give that a 790 cant, and you still didnt prove whether or not 870 is better than 790FX :p 

Well u stated just "790" and assuming comparing apples to apples in terms of $$ one would naturally assume either 790X or 790GX For 790FX the natural comparision would be 890FX?

Err try Crucial C300 SSDs or any Sandforce based SSD in RAID- these already saturate SATA 3GB/s Think u have to research more and address your assumptions here hehe (Google is your best fren) Other reasons i build with 800 series is clients need not update BIOS if running a Thuban when they do not have an AM3 socket CPU on hand, no significant price drop for mid/high end 700 series mobos, etc
July 22, 2010 5:59:34 PM

batuchka said:
Well u stated just "790" and assuming comparing apples to apples in terms of $$ one would naturally assume either 790X or 790GX For 790FX the natural comparision would be 890FX?

Err try Crucial C300 SSDs or any Sandforce based SSD in RAID- these already saturate SATA 3GB/s Think u have to research more and address your assumptions here hehe (Google is your best fren) Other reasons i build with 800 series is clients need not update BIOS if running a Thuban when they do not have an AM3 socket CPU on hand, no significant price drop for mid/high end 700 series mobos, etc

Ahh, i might have missed something, but the thing i meant was: Nothing >I< use will exceed Sata 3GB/s, and i don't want a 6 core CPU or anything.

I already bought the GD-70 790FX and should be delivered tomorrow or the day after.
Read 3-4 reviews from different sites and there were only positive reviews, compared to many Asus equivalent priced motherboards it performed better than most and also looks cooler! :D 

Thank you for your help - though just because i take what i already had planned does not mean i don't like your ideas, i just don't like asus that much anymore and i've never had a MSI board :pt1cable: 

So, up and running in 2-3 days.. Let's see :sol: 
!