Gigabyte H55M UD2H

Hello
I am new to here am started to build my first system
I have
Intel i7 2.93 ghz 1156 socket
Gigabyte ga-h55m-ud2h
Oz 700 watt power supply
16gb ddr3 ram (4 x 4 gb i think kingston)
1tb Hitachi deskstar
Thermaltake is2000 heatsink
Light scribe dvd/cd writer

I have been told that the i7 chip has to has its own independt graphics card rather than using the onboard verison so i found a simple card lying in my attic which i know's work on my computer
So plugged it in re started pc and i am getting just a black screen and i cannot see / do anything
I then took out 12 gb of ram so that 4 gb is left and put it in the slot futherset away from the cpu but still no joy
On the board there is 2 green lights 1 amber and 1 red that light up

All these components are new
5 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte h55m ud2h
  1. Have you tried to boot using the motherboard's onboard VGA or DVI port? If not, remove the card, clear CMOS per the manual, and reboot with your monitor plugged into a motherboard video out.
  2. I have tried to use onboard and external graphics card but the i7 chip requires an external graphics card, and what do you mean clear the cmos
  3. scotlad94 said:
    I have tried to use onboard and external graphics card but the i7 chip requires an external graphics card
    You have been informed incorrectly; it is the motherboard that determines whether a monitor can be plugged into it - not the Intel CPU.

Clearing CMOS is how the BIOS is cleared of it's settings and returned to factory default. This is normally done by moving a jumper on the powered down system's motherboard and removing the battery for a few minutes.
    If you feel you are unable to perform these steps, please consult with a professional.
  4. yeh think i am going to have to get a professional to take a look at it
  5. Sorry I could not help you further. Let me know if I can.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gigabyte