Sign in with
Your question

My motherboard's display crashed when overclocking

Last response: in Systems
July 21, 2010 1:25:23 PM

i was using intel core i5-750 with asus motherboard p7h55d-m pro without original power supply (but there was power supply with the casing 400w which is about 30% efficient) suddenly when i clicked on the turbo v and turbo keys (over clocking options) in desktop icon,,my motherboard just hanged and crashed its display...i have an graphics card that is nx8600gt 512mb..so what's the solution for this...so if i use power supply with a new p7h55d-m pro motherboard,,will the problem could be come over??

my motherboard is crashed and the company is ready to give new one,& i am going to use original psu also but do u think my processor got harmed previously without power supply while overclocking??or the processor is just fine?though the processor is working normally now..
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 3:41:20 PM

^ lol, you have a a point there banthracis.

He comes from my country :p  Bangladesh, and hes a university student...too bad though he just OC'd his rig on a crappy Chinese PSU where he should've had a higher PSU - at least a 500W

LOL, mobo crashed but the proc works? in which universe does that happen? :D 
m
l
Related resources
July 21, 2010 4:19:33 PM

Lutfij said:
^ lol, you have a a point there banthracis.

He comes from my country :p  Bangladesh, and hes a university student...too bad though he just OC'd his rig on a crappy Chinese PSU where he should've had a higher PSU - at least a 500W

LOL, mobo crashed but the proc works? in which universe does that happen? :D 

i dont think u have read the post correctly..that mobo was replaced with a new one...joking doesnt make sense anyways..
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 4:23:20 PM

You should read the post I linked and give us the info requested there.

If you're actually using a cheap non name PSU for example, then that'd be the first thing to change.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 4:51:03 PM

@ bantharacis - agreed!

@tausif_buet - read the link to get YOU and US up to speed
m
l
!