Sign in with
Your question

Medusa NX 5.1 vs Roccat Kve

Last response: in Components
September 21, 2010 8:37:24 PM

I would like your opinions between these two.I want to use them for gaming and listening to music.Which one has the best sound quality and the best bass?Also,ifyou can suggest a better one,minus the senheisser pc350s because they're 50 bucks more than the roccat and 70 more than the medusa in my country.Also,I will be using my onboard sound.

More about : medusa roccat kve

September 22, 2010 12:14:56 AM

What do you mean by "best".

You may notice a better jump in audio quality by not using onboard sound, get yourself a soundcard. :) 

Gaming and music are quite different from each other, there may be excellent gaming headsets that are meh for music, and excellent music headsets which are meh for gaming.

Are there even frequency specs listed on retailer sites for the Medusa?..

The frequency response for the Kave has 20hz to 20khz, might be pretty typical among headsets, but I'm not sure where the majority or w/e lies.

Either get yourself a sound card and a decent headset pair to hold you over until getting a better one, or perhaps go for a headset with no mic and pair it with a seperate mic. For example, I'm using ADH-700 with a zalman clip on mic. The headset is rated for 5hz to 30khz. :) 
September 22, 2010 1:15:33 PM

Jouho said:
What do you mean by "best".

You may notice a better jump in audio quality by not using onboard sound, get yourself a soundcard. :) 

Gaming and music are quite different from each other, there may be excellent gaming headsets that are meh for music, and excellent music headsets which are meh for gaming.

Are there even frequency specs listed on retailer sites for the Medusa?..

The frequency response for the Kave has 20hz to 20khz, might be pretty typical among headsets, but I'm not sure where the majority or w/e lies.

Either get yourself a sound card and a decent headset pair to hold you over until getting a better one, or perhaps go for a headset with no mic and pair it with a seperate mic. For example, I'm using ADH-700 with a zalman clip on mic. The headset is rated for 5hz to 30khz. :) 

Both are 5.1 gaming headsets,I don't want to get a sound card because I have lousy speakers and the money I would spend could be used on an ssd or something else.Anyways,what I'm looking for is a clear bass,to be able to hear footsteps in gaming and good muic quality.I want to know the best value for money between the 2 and one that will outperform my current speakers.

(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...). :) 
September 30, 2010 1:03:59 PM

Update:
Got the medusa for 30 bucks less.I'm not really impressed by the quality but it's probably due to my onboard sound.Gonna buy a sound card later on and for the time being use my speakers for music.
!