Solved

I deleted partition

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Partition
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
September 28, 2012 11:36:00 PM

I deleted a partition on a hdd with over 300 gigabytes of data. Can I recover the data?

More about : deleted partition

September 28, 2012 11:44:05 PM

Superoswald said:
I deleted a partition on a hdd with over 300 gigabytes of data. Can I recover the data?

I have not used the drive after the accidental deletion, if that helps.
m
l
a c 441 G Storage
September 29, 2012 9:00:26 AM

Did you delete the partition (eg in Disk Management), or did you delete the files?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 29, 2012 6:33:40 PM

I deleted the partition in windows disk management.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 29, 2012 6:44:55 PM

If you created a system image, you can recover it using it the above link with Windows built-in tools.
m
l

Best solution

a c 104 G Storage
September 29, 2012 6:55:54 PM

Hi there,

If you haven't written to the drive, you can use the EaseUS Partition Master Home program (free home edition, prof edition $19.95) to recover and restore the partition.

Here is the website to read about it and download the program:

www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

Hope that's helpful.
a b G Storage
September 29, 2012 8:26:23 PM

If you had that partition selected in Windows System Protection, just do a Windows System Image restore; the other methods mentioned above are a last resort and often produce corrupted files.
m
l
a c 441 G Storage
September 29, 2012 8:32:43 PM

AIUI, Partition Find & Mount does not write to the drive, so it can't corrupt anything.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 29, 2012 8:37:49 PM

I am not talking about doing a "Windows System Restore". Do a "Windows System Image Restore" within Windows itself, in "Backup and Restore" inside Control Panel. it will bring back the deleted partition as an image.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 29, 2012 8:40:48 PM

fzabkar said:
AIUI, Partition Find & Mount does not write to the drive, so it can't corrupt anything.

This stuff is all MOOT if he has the system image already. Anything that has been deleted runs the risk of being corrupted when restored. An image IS an EXACT copy of the data and not some program that scours the sectors for deleted data.

the software that you folks are mentioning is for a last resort if he never made a system image.
m
l
October 6, 2012 2:35:02 PM

Best answer selected by Superoswald.
m
l
October 6, 2012 2:35:45 PM

John_VanKirk said:
Hi there,

If you haven't written to the drive, you can use the EaseUS Partition Master Home program (free home edition, prof edition $19.95) to recover and restore the partition.

Here is the website to read about it and download the program:

www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks I fixed the problem. You saved all my data!
m
l
!