jereece

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I have an IBM T60 laptop and a Lenovo S10 Netbook. I need a cheap way to show a presentation from one of these to an LCD TV. I purchased a 6 foot VGA to HDMI cable thinking this was an easy solution. However I can't get it to work with either my laptop or netbook. I've tried the function keys that normally sway video output from the internal monitor to external but I never get output to the LCD TV. Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

As always, I appreciate the help.

Jim

Right click on your desktop (depending on Windows version). Select properties. Under the Settings tab, there should be an option to "Extend" the desktop onto another monitor. You should see blue boxes with 1 and 2 on them if your PC recognizes two monitors as being attached. Click on the 2 and check the box for "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor." :) See if that helps.

You may also consider finding an adapter other than VGA to HDMI. Not sure how that works, going from Analog output to Digital.

I'd see if this LCD TV has an Composite/RCA or S-Video input on it, then use a VGA to S-Video or VGA to Composite/RCA Video.

Misko195

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Men, we talk about VGA to HDMI adapter :D

Btw read customer reviews...

Misko195

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Maybe men i believe you. But i can't find good piece for decent price :(

And i live in Croatia, this is really hard to find something like this...