Keyboards losing key responses

Hello, I built a system around a supermicro P4SC8 mobo. I used a PS2-only keyboard. When I rebooted after 36 months I noticed that some of the keyboard keys are not working. In particular, the shift, backspace, caps lock and Del, but also some letters. I cursed the keyboard [which was new] and plugged in a Logitech [ps2 and usb] - with the exact same results. Tried the usb connector but this was disabled. Managed to get into bios using the Del key on the numeric keypad, so I enabled the usb keyboard. I now have both keyboards plugged in; both have selective key loss, they are predominantly the same [including ‘y’], but each is missing some keys that are available on the other. Unplugging one has no effect on the other. So, what could be causing this selective key loss - under xp. Thanks for any help.

Incidentally, the usb mouse also gives up periodically, so I now have a ps2 one plugged in also.
3 answers Last reply
More about keyboards losing responses
  1. Driver issue? Anything abnormal showing in Device Manager?
  2. device manager shows nothing unexpected, and recognizes that both kboards are now connected.
  3. Do the keyboards work on another computer?
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets PlayStation Keyboards Motherboards