dark ice

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Ok to start off here is my current rig:

Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black
CPU: Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.8 GHz
RAM: 6 Gb DDR3 1600
MOBO: EVGA E758-A1 (which is about to be replaced through EVGA Step-Up)
Storage: 1 Tb Western Digital 7200 rpm HDD
GPU: 2x nVidia GTX 275 SLI w/ 1x nVidia 9800 gtx+ as physics processor
PSU: 850w Corsair

Peripherals:
Logitech G11 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse
Creative Fatality MKII Headset

The rest is pretty irrelevant.

So I recently ended up with $300 of credit with Newegg due to a mixup of parts, and am now trying to figure out what to spend it on.

[strike]Please note also that I am limited to nVidia cards as my mobo supports SLI and not Xfire. :\[/strike]

EDIT: I lied! Just happened to read the features of the board and it does support Xfire, awesome :D.

My thoughts:

I was thinking of getting a SDD? However, I'm not sure of the real performance increase I will see with a SDD. (I would put my OS and mainly used applications on it of course).

Also thinking of upgrading to a g15 keybarod and g9 mouse. Buddy of mine has both and I tested em out and I like them much, much more than my current.

The other option (and I think probably the immediately obvious one) is to grab another 6gb of RAM, which if I got the keyboard/mouse I could also grab the 6gb of ram and call it good.

Anyways, thoughts, ideas, opinions would be awesome. I have this weird nagging at the back of my head like I'm not thinking about something that could be awesome to get!