Issues with motherboard

Ok, so i bought my computer, built it and assembled the thing, i'm using it now to post, so its not to bad. However, once in a while, the thing will randomly freeze and all action will stop (not even mouse icon will move!) and that's what worries me.

What should i do to fix this issue? Is it even the Mobo to begin with? Please help!

System:
Mobo: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
Ram: 4gb Gskill F3-128000CL9D
HD: 500GB Seagate
DVD Drive: DVD Burner Lite-on
CPU: AMD Ph II X2 555 3.2 AM3 (The PH II 555 Black edition, not over clocked)
GPU: VGA Sapphire HD 5570 1GB
PSU: Antec 650W EA650 RT

No idea if any of that's helpful....
9 answers Last reply
More about issues motherboard
  1. Run memtest for at least 4 hours and see if it reports any errors.
    Also,make sure you have the latest GPU drivers installed(and if possible,test it in another system)
  2. Ok, so i ran the ram test, and no issues, also the GPU has the latest driver installed, so no problems. What else can i do??
  3. I checked some files and found that i was a Kernel-Power 41 (63) error, i looked into it, and it sounds exactly like what i got. Locking PC and everything
  4. Can you test your card in another system ?
  5. No, i don't have another system to put the card into. Would that make a large difference and be the cause of the crashing?
  6. I recommended testing it in another rig in order to be 100% sure that your card isn't faulty
  7. Adjusted the voltage to my ram, set it at a constant 1.5V and than decreased the hz from 1600, to 1333 and set it there, so far it hasn't crashed.
  8. Strange,if it was the RAM's problem,it should have probably crashed with memtest(before adjusting anything)
  9. Ya, it made my friends and I completely confused...
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards