Solved

Radeon 5770 Tempurature

So I just bought a brand new ATI Radeon 5770.

I run 37-40c idle normally just browsing the web.

My favorite game runs 50-60c... well I loaded a game last night and it jumped to 68c.

So I freaked out, shut down the game, and now I've come here.

What is the normal load temperature for a Radeon 5770? I don't want to ruin my card.

What temperatures are safe for the card? What temperatures are not?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 5770 tempurature
  1. Your temps are just fine under 70C is cool under load.
  2. Could you possibly give me any more detail than that? For instance at what temperature should I start to be concerned about the card?
  3. Best answer
    Like rolli said you are fine. If your card is breaking 100 c then you are really in trouble! Under 70 is fine. Before switching cases and adding an intake fan I was idling at 50-55 c and my loads were @ 80-98 c. Now I idle between 33-40 c and my load is 50s-60s c.
  4. So loads up to even say, 85C on a Radeon 5770, are safe then? Wow!
  5. ArmageddonX said:
    So loads up to even say, 85C on a Radeon 5770, are safe then? Wow!


    Naturally lower temps are better. But it's not 90+ like I was getting before making some changes.

    What type of case do you have? Do you have an intake and exhaust fan?
  6. High 80's and I would get worried.
  7. All modern high end GPUs can go into the 100s before throttling.

    Fermi Nvidia cards regularly go into the 90s.

    57x0 cards run much cooler and generally won't go above 80s'C at full load.
  8. faune said:
    Naturally lower temps are better. But it's not 90+ like I was getting before making some changes. What type of case do you have? Do you have an intake and exhaust fan?


    Thermaltake Element-T with a 200mm top fan, 120 rear fan, and TWO Antec 120 MM fans in the front pulling air IN. I made sure to make it well ventilated. =)
  9. ArmageddonX said:
    Thermaltake Element-T with a 200mm top fan, 120 rear fan, and TWO Antec 120 MM fans in the front pulling air IN. I made sure to make it well ventilated. =)



    Nice! :)

    You shouldn't be worried.

    Here is a link to the problem I had: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/289599-15-question-5770-temperatures
  10. Thanks for all the help! =)
  11. 60-70's C is fine when under load, lol i remember taking my 5770 to 82c while playing crysis, but that was with the voltage set to 1.25 and core to 960 mhz
  12. dude your temps are amazingly good!
  13. Best answer selected by ArmageddonX.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Radeon Graphics