Sign in with
Your question

When my SSD is plugged in BIOS wont find HDD

Last response: in Storage
September 30, 2012 11:42:55 AM

as tittle says i have since yesterday a 3tb Seagate driver, however yesterday it worked for a little while, i formatted it and used it.
Now when my ssd and hdd are plugged in together i takes ages for my pc to boot and it wont find my HDD
, when i unplug my sdd i can see the HDD in my BIOS, then when i unplug my HDD and just plug in my SSD it boots immydiatly.. what to do, what to do?
a c 125 G Storage
September 30, 2012 12:00:29 PM

restllesss said:
as tittle says i have since yesterday a 3tb Seagate driver, however yesterday it worked for a little while, i formatted it and used it.
Now when my ssd and hdd are plugged in together i takes ages for my pc to boot and it wont find my HDD
, when i unplug my sdd i can see the HDD in my BIOS, then when i unplug my HDD and just plug in my SSD it boots immydiatly.. what to do, what to do?

check that your using on your mb the intel sata ports. some mb have 3d party chipset and are used for raid set up and not booting from. also check that the sata ports are set to achi mode not ide or raid. if your mb is a cheaper one with one 6g port put the ssd on that port and the hd on the 3g port..hard drives cant max out a 3g port yet. check your mb bios make sure it up to date as well as the ssd firmware. if it not the firmware check to see the chipset your mb uses some of the older intel chipset has sata issues. +
also check to see that your mb bios if it a newer mb set to efi bios. larger drives over 2g have issue on the older bios..why newer mb have efi mb bios.
September 30, 2012 4:13:00 PM

well i have done everything you said,and still the HDD does not get recognized when the SSD is also plugged in (and obv my os is on my SSD).
Can this that the HDD is broken somewhere? i only have it since yesterday.
Related resources
September 30, 2012 4:44:47 PM

i just cheked what you said in my HDD was not included in my boot up list, however when i went into efi bios, and clicked on sta configuration, it was in there!
This is really complicated for me but i checked everything you said
a c 125 G Storage
October 1, 2012 12:16:12 AM

i would post your mb spec online...also check to see if the mb has any bios updates. most new mb have under boot what bios you boot from..try switching the mb to boot from the newer efi bios and see if that fixes your error.
October 1, 2012 12:36:50 AM

I had an issue with the m/board auto detecting sata speed... Set to sata 3 and I was good to go.
October 1, 2012 8:37:45 AM

did not help me..
!