have a glitch

i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you have
no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you have no
control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to end this and of
course when it reboots you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of
a patch for this problem????
Please post
6 answers Last reply
More about have glitch

    "Larry" <atklarry@shaw.ca> Blessed us with

    > i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch
    > where you have no control og the game and the weapon fires
    > endlessly and you have no control of the mouse. you have to
    > press the reset button to end this and of course when it reboots
    > you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of a patch for
    > this problem????
    > Please post

    What Operating System are you running? Must be a Windows OS
    because you are also running scandisk upon reboot. There is the
    version 436 patch that is available. Do you have enough free hard
    disk space? What kind of video card do you have? If your version of
    Unreal Tournament came with a Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! card,
    you should get your patches from the Creative Labs Unreal Tournament
    Pages here:

    http://eax.creative.com/eagle

    Otherwise The 436 patch requires the following from Epic Games Unreal
    Tournament Site:

    http://www.unrealtournament.com/
    Scroll down a little more than half the page and look on the right
    for UT GOTY, right under this should be a link that says v436 Patch.

    HTH

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:27:29 GMT, "Larry" <atklarry@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you have
    >no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you have no
    >control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to end this and of
    >course when it reboots you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of
    >a patch for this problem????
    >Please post

    Mentioning some system details and in particular your mouse might help
    someone help you.

    Larry enlightened us with:
    > i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you
    > have no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you
    > have no control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to
    > end this and of course when it reboots you have to go through the
    > scandisk.

    *) What OS are you using?
    *) What version of the game do you have?
    *) Have you tried the following already?
    1. Clean your cache.
    2. Make sure you exit _all_ unneeded background programs.
    3. Download AdAware and run & upgrade it regularly.
    4. Switch to OpenGL.
    5. Defragment your harddisk every week.
    6. Make sure you run the latest official version of UT and/or 2K3.
    7. Upgrade all your drivers to the latest version.
    8. Re-install DirectX.
    9. If you have a Via MoBo, install the 4-in-1 drivers.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:27:29 GMT, "Larry" <atklarry@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you have
    >no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you have no
    >control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to end this and of
    >course when it reboots you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of
    >a patch for this problem????
    >Please post

    I doubt a patch would fix it... sounds like a mouse problem to me.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:15:21 -0400, Folk wrote:

    > I doubt a patch would fix it... sounds like a mouse problem to me.

    It sounds very similar to the fault I have with UT, apart from the PC
    itself locking up.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

    >i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you have
    >no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you have no
    >control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to end this and of
    >course when it reboots you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of
    >a patch for this problem????
    >Please post

    Try switching Direct-X mouse input off (if it's on) in Options and then restart
    UT.

    Doug Frost

Games Video Games