  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 22, 2004 5:27:29 AM

i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you have
no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you have no
control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to end this and of
course when it reboots you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of
a patch for this problem????
Please post

More about : glitch

Anonymous
June 22, 2004 6:10:19 AM

"Larry" <atklarry@shaw.ca> Blessed us with

> i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch
> where you have no control og the game and the weapon fires
> endlessly and you have no control of the mouse. you have to
> press the reset button to end this and of course when it reboots
> you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of a patch for
> this problem????
> Please post

What Operating System are you running? Must be a Windows OS
because you are also running scandisk upon reboot. There is the
version 436 patch that is available. Do you have enough free hard
disk space? What kind of video card do you have? If your version of
Unreal Tournament came with a Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! card,
you should get your patches from the Creative Labs Unreal Tournament
Pages here:

http://eax.creative.com/eagle

Otherwise The 436 patch requires the following from Epic Games Unreal
Tournament Site:

http://www.unrealtournament.com/
Scroll down a little more than half the page and look on the right
for UT GOTY, right under this should be a link that says v436 Patch.

HTH

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
June 22, 2004 12:14:29 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:27:29 GMT, "Larry" <atklarry@shaw.ca> wrote:

>i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you have
>no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you have no
>control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to end this and of
>course when it reboots you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of
>a patch for this problem????
>Please post

Mentioning some system details and in particular your mouse might help
someone help you.
June 22, 2004 1:00:38 PM

Larry enlightened us with:
> i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you
> have no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you
> have no control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to
> end this and of course when it reboots you have to go through the
> scandisk.

*) What OS are you using?
*) What version of the game do you have?
*) Have you tried the following already?
1. Clean your cache.
2. Make sure you exit _all_ unneeded background programs.
3. Download AdAware and run & upgrade it regularly.
4. Switch to OpenGL.
5. Defragment your harddisk every week.
6. Make sure you run the latest official version of UT and/or 2K3.
7. Upgrade all your drivers to the latest version.
8. Re-install DirectX.
9. If you have a Via MoBo, install the 4-in-1 drivers.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 4:15:21 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:27:29 GMT, "Larry" <atklarry@shaw.ca> wrote:

>i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you have
>no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you have no
>control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to end this and of
>course when it reboots you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of
>a patch for this problem????
>Please post

I doubt a patch would fix it... sounds like a mouse problem to me.
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 9:35:46 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:15:21 -0400, Folk wrote:

> I doubt a patch would fix it... sounds like a mouse problem to me.

It sounds very similar to the fault I have with UT, apart from the PC
itself locking up.

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

>i'm playing ut goty and every so often it goes into a glitch where you have
>no control og the game and the weapon fires endlessly and you have no
>control of the mouse. you have to press the reset button to end this and of
>course when it reboots you have to go through the scandisk. Anyone aware of
>a patch for this problem????
>Please post

Try switching Direct-X mouse input off (if it's on) in Options and then restart
UT.

Doug Frost
!