Sign in with
Your question

New Motherboard won't beep/display

Last response: in Motherboards
May 5, 2011 12:51:26 PM

Hello, I have recently bought a Gigabyte G41M-Combo from overclockers.co.uk, and I thought I'd wham it in my PC to see if it would work, after putting everything together and turning on the power, all I get is the fans on the gpu + cpu + case whirling but no display or any beeps, I have connected a speaker to the motherboard, to where it says in the manuel, I would have thought I'd get a beep telling me what kind of problem there was, but nothing at all, here are my specs :

Gigabyte G41M-Combo
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1gb
4gb DDR2 Ram (2 x 2gb sticks)
500gb Sata hard drive
500w PSU

I tried everything I could think of, but to no avail, I always get this same result, I've tested with a different CPU (Core 2 Duo 5200), a different CPU fan (That default one that comes with Intel 775 motherboard), I'd welcome any help or suggestions and I'll be here to reply to any solutions,

Mike.
May 5, 2011 5:04:48 PM

bump
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2011 5:35:52 PM

Naturally I have to ask, did you make sure your MOBO and CPU PSU cables are properly connected?

Did you make sure there are no stand-offs shorting your MOBO?

Have your tried booting with nothing but the bare minimum (one stick of RAM/GPU/MOBO/PSU/CPU only)?
Related resources
May 5, 2011 5:48:11 PM

Thanks for replying - but yes I have made sure that everything is connected properly, I'll double check there's nothing shorting the Motherboard, and yes i've tried from bare minimum with 4 differant ram sticks, and 2 differant PSU's, all the same result.
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2011 7:05:03 PM

If all else fails, breadboard the set-up.
If that still fails, then it may be time to request and RMA on the suspected hardware.
May 6, 2011 2:04:09 AM

Right, I've just switched back to my old motherboard for the time being to make sure that everything else is working, and yes, there are no faults, the only conslusions I can come to is that the motherboard was DoA, unless ofcourse I'm missing something, but I've double checked all the connections, I'm certain that I've got the Front Panel connecters on the correct switches, I honestly don't know what I haven't tried, as I said it was from overclockers.co.uk, and it was special delivery, so I find it hard to believe that it was DoA, but it seems like it's the only explanation.
!