PC/HDMI 2 AUDIO IN Jack ?

simonsez9

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Hi Budds

i need a guidence here for getting the sound from my PC in Bravia 40" EX500.

I have connected Bravia EX500 40" with PC, but i am not getting the sound

from the HDMI 2 connection as per recommended in the Bravia EX500 Manual

on page 14, i am using the DVI-HDMI cable to connect my PC & for sound i

am using the double sided stereo jack cable.

I am getting a very crystal clear sharp picture form the PC on Bravia but

some how i am unable to get the sound in simple words the Picture is coming

on the HDMI 2 from PC but no Sound, the sound from PC i am getting it from

the PC settings, its not syncrhonized

The problem i am facing is when i connect the PC Audio Jack in the given

PC/HDMI 2 AUDIO IN Jack i am not getting the sound from the PC/HDMI 2

Audio IN JACK, so how can i resolve this issue.

please help me out budds really appreciate it

wait for ur reply

simonsez9

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009

yha i have connected the VGA and i am getting the sound and picture both, the problem i am facing is with the HDMI connection, and No my model is KLV-40EX500 below is the link for it and i have also upload image for KLV-40EX500 Manual Page 14 which i hope it helps you to understand my problem

klv40ex500.th.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

simonsez9

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009

oh oh if i connect my Bravia using DVI to HDMI cable then i can see the picture from my PC, but i am not getting the sound from the same INPUT as mention in the manual as well

I am using

Intel Q9650
Intel DP45SG
XFX GTS 250 1Gb
Built in SOund on Mobo

i hope that helps if anything else you want to know pls do reply and thx for ur msgs mate appreciate it, i hope we will figure out something

simonsez9

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009

yes the HDMI cable is connected to GTS 250, i am using DVI-HDMI cable and i havent connect SPDIF cable why should i use it ? and in my GTS250 there is no HDMI port only 2 DVI ports

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
SPDIF is only necessary if you use HDMI to connect a graphics card to a TV and the card for some reason can't send audio over HDMI, however since your using an adapter since the card knows it can't send audio over HDMI anyway, tell me when VGA works is it with a DVI-VGA adapter or the motherboard's VGA port.

simonsez9

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009

Yah i am using a DVI-VGA adaptor, and also tell me if i change my graphic card with HDMI slot then i dont required the SPDIF, i just simply need a graphic card with built in HDMI slot which will work for both audio and video right ?

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Yeah, however this is an expensive route to take, why not just stay with VGA and audio? Unless PC in doesn't support your TV's resolution. As for your question I would recommend a Radeon 5670 as a good HTPC card.

simonsez9

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009

My PC support the 1080p accordingly to the TV 1080p except i am unable to get sound via HDMI interface, and the only reason i am worried for this is only cos of analog and digital signal if i use vga we got analog signals and on HDMI its digital

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Either way the TV should get the 1080p resolution, only the PC and TV now have to do a little more work converting the digital and analog signals, and the fact that you can't wwatch HDCP content over VGA, so go ahead with your new graphics card.

leon2006

Distinguished
To be able to watch HDCP (copyright protected material) like blue ray you need to use HDMI. Here's how to get video and audio using HDMI link.

I have a GTX 280 OC on one of my pc so i'm sure it should work on your card.

1) You need DVI/HDMI converter(If your GPU have DVI port only). You can request it for free from XFX or purchase it at your local computer store.

2) Nvidia cards don't have its own Audio chip. It uses a PASS-THROUGH approach to facilitate audio on its DVI/HDMI port. To accomplish this (AS SUGGESTED EARLIER ON THIS TREAD) you need to connect SPDIF cable between your GPU and Soundcard/Motherboard. This is the physical audio link from SOUND CARD->GPU->DVI/HDMI->HDTV.

Note: ATI GPU don't require SPDIF cable since it has realtek audio chip inside the video card. Nvidia's Fermi card has built in audio chip. The older nvidia GPU has no audio chip.

3)Go to control PANEL , SOUND OPTION. Select SPDIF as your Audio Default Playback

4) Check your connection: DVI/HDMI Converter-> HDMI Cable-> HDTV

You are good to go at this stage. You get audio/HD-video on your HDMI cable and can play HDCP(i.e. Blue Ray Disc) based movie.

simonsez9

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Thx for the reply mate but answer me more clearly

1) You need DVI/HDMI converter(If your GPU have DVI port only). You can request it for free from XFX or purchase it at your local computer store.

Answer: I am using a DVI to HDMI cable

2) Nvidia cards don't have its own Audio chip. It uses a PASS-THROUGH approach to facilitate audio on its DVI/HDMI port. To accomplish this (AS SUGGESTED EARLIER ON THIS TREAD) you need to connect SPDIF cable between your GPU and Soundcard/Motherboard. This is the physical audio link from SOUND CARD->GPU->DVI/HDMI->HDTV.

Answer: Where i connect this SPDIF cable on my XFX card there is only 2 DVI slots ? and i am using the built in sound on my DP45SG mobo

I am using XFX GTS 250 1gb Core Edition