Add/Remove Programs Slow

On a new intsallation of WinXp (all latestupdates) it takes quite a bit of
time, > 5 minutes, for the add remove program list to be populated. Any
ideas why this is so? What can I do to speed up this activity?

mc
1 answer Last reply
More about remove programs slow

    Next time before trying to access Control Panel rt click on the
    Desktop>select Properties>Themes>Windows Classic.
    Click on Apply Ok. For some reason that works on occasion.
    "mr chocolate" <chocklat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On a new intsallation of WinXp (all latestupdates) it takes quite a bit of
    > time, > 5 minutes, for the add remove program list to be populated. Any
    > ideas why this is so? What can I do to speed up this activity?
    >
    > mc

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP