Mooga

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
How does this look?
withlist.jpg

A few things u should know about SATA/USB 3.0 tech and mobos as shown by our very own forums here
USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, Motherboards, And Overcoming Bottlenecks
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/usb-3.0-sata-6gb,2583.html
Also note that LGA 1156 shall be usurped by LGA 1155 as soon as end of this year/possible Q1 next year if u intending to sink a wee bit on chip + board FYI...
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/04/21/intel-sandy-bridge-details-of-the-next-gen/

Not bad, but not so good to me.

1) The individual costs of the bundle add up to the same price. It would be better to pick your own parts.

2) If your purpose is gaming, then spend a bit less on the cpu, and more on the graphics cards. What resolution will you be using? If it is at 1080P /1920 x 1200 or better, a better graphics card/s is in order. If you will be using 1680 or less, then the GTX460 is a great card. I think I would look for the 1gb version which performs a bit better but costs appropriately more. The 1gb versions carry a lifetime warranty vs. 2 years for the 768 version. For a small price premium, look for the factory overclocked superclock version. EVGA is good.

3) Ultra is not on my short list of quality PSU brands. My list would include Corsair, XFX, PC P&C, seasonic, and Antec for starters.
Also, 750w is more than you need for a single graphics card. If you are planning on SLI, then OK. But... I would get a stronger single card before resorting to sli.

4) If you love the case, fine. But, there are equally good cases that cost less. Antec 200 and 300, for example.

5) I like the 875K and the unlocked multiplier. But at $300+, it is priced too high compared with the i5-750 which can be clocked equally high.

6) I do not like the downdraft type of cooler you picked. For the same price, you should be able to get a tower type cooler with a large ,slow turning 120mmfan that is more effective and quieter. Such a cooler will direct the cpu heat more directly out of the case.

7) The non FTW evga motherboard is cheaper. Is there some feature that is essential to you on the more expensive board?

7) The WD caviar green is a lower performing hard drive compared to the Black.