Sign in with
Your question

Replacement mobo for socket 775 (E6750 process)

Last response: in Motherboards
May 5, 2011 11:24:49 PM

I need a replacement for my motherboard that keeps on giving me problems. I am ready to spend 40-70 dollars. I have 4 gb of DDR2, pci express video card, 2 hard drives. I need like 1-2 pci. I live in canada and I plan buying for either tigerdirect.ca newegg.ca or ncix.ca

Thanks.
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2011 11:56:03 AM

I'll jump in :) 
The main reason no one has answered the question is because anything we recommend is a no-win.
The best chipset for you (P45) is unobtainium. Anything else might be a letdown. And I guarantee there is nothing in your price range you will like.
Chipset (and Southbridge) compromises available are: lack of 2tb support, or, no way to split PCIe, or stuck with onboard graphics, not enough bandwidth.
Used P45 boards are available, but expensive. For the money spent, instead add $100 and just get a new Sandy Bridge setup.

A good used board would be:
Asus Maximus II Formula, P5Q Premium, P6TD Deluxe with the X58 chipset
among others....you can research different makers.
m
l
May 6, 2011 4:46:44 PM

I found this one, but I am not really sure if I want another Gigabyte because the one I have right now is working 50% and I have to reset it by popping the battery everytime. Only thing I see is that it is DDR3, is it possible to run DDR2 on that?

m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2011 11:28:06 PM

No, sadly, that will not work.
I did some shopping for you. Here is what I recommend.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-P5Q-Motherboard-/320695161005?...
ASUS P5Q Motherboard
The seller has good feedback and will take it back if bad. This choice is the closest to what you specified.

If you must have new:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
BIOSTAR P43-A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard
It doesn't get good marks for OC - so if you don't plan to...good. But it takes your RAM, has the PCIe and PCI slots, and is in you price range.
Best I can do...
m
l
!