Skins

Last response: in Video Games
June 23, 2004 2:33:30 AM

I downloaded some skins that have a "umod" extension.
The readme file says that i have to "install" it...but how?
TIA

More about : skins

Anonymous
June 23, 2004 2:39:37 AM

"Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with

> I downloaded some skins that have a "umod" extension.
> The readme file says that i have to "install" it...but how?
> TIA

You should be able to just double click it and follow the on
screen instructions. :-) Unless you already tried that and
got the infamous "open with" dialog box, in which case you
should navigate to the UT\System folder and select Setup.exe
as the file to open umod files with. Also if there is an
option in the open with dialog to "Always use this program",
check it so you don't have to do it again. I'm beginnig to
think something has went wrong with your installation of UT GOTY
if the registry associations have gotten nuked. You may have
installed another game that uses the Unreal Engine and it has
nuked the reg associations for UT GOTY.

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 7:08:46 PM

"JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
>
> > I downloaded some skins that have a "umod" extension.
> > The readme file says that i have to "install" it...but how?
> > TIA
>
> You should be able to just double click it and follow the on
> screen instructions. :-) Unless you already tried that and
> got the infamous "open with" dialog box, in which case you
> should navigate to the UT\System folder and select Setup.exe
> as the file to open umod files with. Also if there is an
> option in the open with dialog to "Always use this program",
> check it so you don't have to do it again.

I tried like u said, and when i run the file, i got an error message
about finished virtual memory, but the game still works correctly!
June 24, 2004 1:28:05 AM

> "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
>>
>> > I downloaded some skins that have a "umod" extension. The
>> > readme file says that i have to "install" it...but how?
>> > TIA
>>
>> You should be able to just double click it and follow the on
>> screen instructions. :-) Unless you already tried that and
>> got the infamous "open with" dialog box, in which case you
>> should navigate to the UT\System folder and select Setup.exe
>> as the file to open umod files with. Also if there is an
>> option in the open with dialog to "Always use this program",
>> check it so you don't have to do it again.
>
> I tried like u said, and when i run the file, i got an error
> message about finished virtual memory, but the game still works
> correctly!

This is strange. Try reading this web page:

http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=faq

You could also try this Google search:

http://tinyurl.com/3yy3f

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 8:18:14 PM

> "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
>

> > "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> >> "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with

> >> You should be able to just double click it and follow the on
> >> screen instructions. :-) Unless you already tried that and
> >> got the infamous "open with" dialog box, in which case you
> >> should navigate to the UT\System folder and select Setup.exe
> >> as the file to open umod files with. Also if there is an
> >> option in the open with dialog to "Always use this program",
> >> check it so you don't have to do it again.
> >
> > I tried like u said, and when i run the file, i got an error
> > message about finished virtual memory, but the game still works
> > correctly!
> >

> This is strange. Try reading this web page:
>
> http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=faq

Up here i found a prog very useful 4 me, the Umod-browser that let me unzip
the files i need...

Ty again JHall
!