Skins

I downloaded some skins that have a "umod" extension.
The readme file says that i have to "install" it...but how?
TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about skins

    "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with

    > I downloaded some skins that have a "umod" extension.
    > The readme file says that i have to "install" it...but how?
    > TIA

    You should be able to just double click it and follow the on
    screen instructions. :-) Unless you already tried that and
    got the infamous "open with" dialog box, in which case you
    should navigate to the UT\System folder and select Setup.exe
    as the file to open umod files with. Also if there is an
    option in the open with dialog to "Always use this program",
    check it so you don't have to do it again. I'm beginnig to
    think something has went wrong with your installation of UT GOTY
    if the registry associations have gotten nuked. You may have
    installed another game that uses the Unreal Engine and it has
    nuked the reg associations for UT GOTY.

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
    >
    > > I downloaded some skins that have a "umod" extension.
    > > The readme file says that i have to "install" it...but how?
    > > TIA
    >
    > You should be able to just double click it and follow the on
    > screen instructions. :-) Unless you already tried that and
    > got the infamous "open with" dialog box, in which case you
    > should navigate to the UT\System folder and select Setup.exe
    > as the file to open umod files with. Also if there is an
    > option in the open with dialog to "Always use this program",
    > check it so you don't have to do it again.

    I tried like u said, and when i run the file, i got an error message
    about finished virtual memory, but the game still works correctly!

    > "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
    >>
    >> > I downloaded some skins that have a "umod" extension. The
    >> > readme file says that i have to "install" it...but how?
    >> > TIA
    >>
    >> You should be able to just double click it and follow the on
    >> screen instructions. :-) Unless you already tried that and
    >> got the infamous "open with" dialog box, in which case you
    >> should navigate to the UT\System folder and select Setup.exe
    >> as the file to open umod files with. Also if there is an
    >> option in the open with dialog to "Always use this program",
    >> check it so you don't have to do it again.
    >
    > I tried like u said, and when i run the file, i got an error
    > message about finished virtual memory, but the game still works
    > correctly!

    This is strange. Try reading this web page:

    http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=faq

    You could also try this Google search:

    http://tinyurl.com/3yy3f

    > "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
    >

    > > "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > >> "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with

    > >> You should be able to just double click it and follow the on
    > >> screen instructions. :-) Unless you already tried that and
    > >> got the infamous "open with" dialog box, in which case you
    > >> should navigate to the UT\System folder and select Setup.exe
    > >> as the file to open umod files with. Also if there is an
    > >> option in the open with dialog to "Always use this program",
    > >> check it so you don't have to do it again.
    > >
    > > I tried like u said, and when i run the file, i got an error
    > > message about finished virtual memory, but the game still works
    > > correctly!
    > >

    > This is strange. Try reading this web page:
    >
    > http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=faq

    Up here i found a prog very useful 4 me, the Umod-browser that let me unzip
    the files i need...

    Ty again JHall

Games Extension Video Games