Sign in with
Your question

Intel E2140 vs Pentium D

Last response: in CPUs
September 23, 2010 2:52:48 AM

Hello, I currently have a 2.6 Ghz Pentium D over-clocked to 3.2 Ghz in my computer. I just recently acquired a computer that has an Intel Core 2 Duo E2140 in it at 1.6 Ghz. I am wondering how the E2140 compares to the Pentium D. I tried finding come comparison graphs but had no luck. I would def want to overclock the E2140 b/c I have the huge fan and mobo to overclock with, I just was curious what was the highest I could take the E2140 without changing the voltage and/or would it even be worth it to swap them out?

More about : intel e2140 pentium

September 23, 2010 11:44:07 AM

That kind of blows my mind that the E2140 is that powerful at stock speeds. I definately think it would be worth my time to put it in my computer then, thanks!
m
l
September 24, 2010 1:19:50 AM

The one with the overclocked Pentium D is a custom built computer I made about 3 years ago, it has an evga 8600GT, 4 gigs of DDR2, nForce 650i Ultra mobo with a 500 gig sata drive and 2 sata dvd burners

the one with the e2140 is one I had just bought for 100 bucks, it has some kind of intel board with 2.5 gigs of DDR2 ram and a 80 gig sata hard drive and a standard DVD burner.

My overclocked Pentium D has a Windows Experience of 4.9 where as the standard clocked e2140 has a 4.4, would I be able to easily overclock the e2140 to be more powerful than my Pentium D is now? I have had the Pentium D overclocked for 2 years with no problem and it actually runs cooler with my fan/heatsink when it is overclocked then it did not overclocked with its standard heatsink.... so i'm not worried about heat that much, i also have some of that arctic silver or arctic 7 thermal paste (cant remember the name), i am a recent computer graduate from college but i'm a little rusty on my overclocking and just want to make sure it would be worth my while....
m
l
!