Raihaan1

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I am from a school and we have a set of 25 Dell Optiplex GX620 machines in the ICT suite.
A few of them, and others are joining in are not allowing students to open or save their work.
They are saying something along the lines of 'not enough disk space'.
The students save the majority of their work on the server so there's not so much being stored on the PCs themselves. The PCS have I think 80GB HDD and I know that only a small fraction of this is being used. In My Computer however, it is saying that there is only a tiny bit of free space.
I'm not sure if the not enough free disk space is referring to the HDD or the RAM.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

tomatthe

Distinguished
" The PCS have I think 80GB HDD and I know that only a small fraction of this is being used. In My Computer however, it is saying that there is only a tiny bit of free space. "

This is a bit contradicting. Try using windirstat to see if you can determine what is using all of the free space. You stated that My Computer shows very little free space which is referring to the space on the hard drive, and is very likely the issue you are running into.

Raihaan1

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
If it is the Hard Drive, I don't understand why the PCs aren't allowing files to open, or even save files onto the server

Raihaan1

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I have downloaded and used the WinDirStat software and found the problem. Some students were downloading games and other stuff which took up some space. Also the personal settings for each user collectively added up to take up a large amount of space on the computers which caused this.
Your help was greatly appreciated!!