SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: CAD, Graphics, Engineering

G

I need to update my total system and will be using Adobe CS5, Corel Technicalx4 (not graphic X5), Solid Edge as well as MS Office.

Would like 64 bit Intel7i CPU, with Quadro FX3800 graphics card, and Dell Ultra 2711 monitor. That is the nice stuff- Then Blue ray- DVD writer, SSD vs VelociRaptor cause more confusion.
As I recall the times when Config.Sys was two lines I need answers and suggestions without being too technical. Salespeople tend to recommend what they like and not really what I need.

Ottohs

G

Hi Guys,

As a newcomer I may have done something wong with my above posting. I see all the activity and responses to other users, but mine is very dead.

Suggestions?????

G

ah-ah Template hey?

Is this it?

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within next 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: with monitor, but excluding new software $3,500 to $5,000
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: CAD, Graphics, design & engineering using Adobe CS5, Corel TEchnical suite X4, Soid Edge and MS Office
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard will be selected by visiting shops to select on feel, not on looks or specs

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Wil have to buy from sources in South Africa that offer good support- prices are considerably higher than in the USA
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: South Africa
PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel, Quadro, Western Digital, LG, Samsung, Dell Monitor- essentialy well known brand names
OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Have virtually decided on Dell U2711

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Powerful unit required without bling and NO GAMING, as this is what everyone wants to sell to me.

Yes, that's the template. :)

So $3500 to $5000 which includes the Dell Ultrasharp U2711?

So really $2400 to $3900 seeing as it costs around $1100?

If so that helps a bit - I'm not good with making CAD builds but someone else might be able to come along and help you out.

Somebody_007

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
I don't know much about CAd and the other things you use either but apart from the graphics card I should people able to put together a good build. I've lived in Swaziland(you should know where that is I suppose) and I'm wondering where are you going to get the parts? All I know is incredible connections(or whatever it was called). Is there an online shop?

Since It's pretty stupid if I put together a system and you can't get half od the parts.

TRENDING THREADS