Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Unexplained Exit

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 12:38:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Howdy all,

I installed UT on Mandrake 9.2 2.4.18 Kernel. The install of UT went
fine using ut-install-436.run. I did not install the patch, should I?
I am able to play in Tournament Mode and I can get online stuff to come
up. I can choose populated servers or just the servers, but if I choose
my favorites it crashes, if I try to start a practice match, it crashes.
Any ideas?

After doing the install of Mandrake, I updated all of the files using
the Mandrake tools. I downloaded the nVidia drivers and installed them
myself. Let me know if you need any more info to help me figure out the
problem.

gorilla

More about : unexplained exit

June 24, 2004 12:32:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

gorilla enlightened us with:
> I installed UT on Mandrake 9.2 2.4.18 Kernel.

2.4.18 is rather old. Perhaps you like to upgrade.

> The install of UT went fine using ut-install-436.run. I did not
> install the patch, should I?

Perhaps it would be nice to tell us about which patch you're talking.
I'm running UT GOTY version 436 fine here.

> I am able to play in Tournament Mode and I can get online stuff to
> come up. I can choose populated servers or just the servers, but if
> I choose my favorites it crashes, if I try to start a practice
> match, it crashes.

Look at the log file in ~/.loki/ut/System/UnrealTournament.log.

> After doing the install of Mandrake, I updated all of the files
> using the Mandrake tools. I downloaded the nVidia drivers and
> installed them myself.

Do a "glxinfo | grep vendor" in a terminal window to see if you
installed/configured it correctly.

MeltDown
--
!For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
June 24, 2004 6:12:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

gorilla wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> I installed UT on Mandrake 9.2 2.4.18 Kernel. The install of UT went
> fine using ut-install-436.run. I did not install the patch, should I?
> I am able to play in Tournament Mode and I can get online stuff to come
> up. I can choose populated servers or just the servers, but if I choose
> my favorites it crashes, if I try to start a practice match, it crashes.
> Any ideas?
>
> After doing the install of Mandrake, I updated all of the files using
> the Mandrake tools. I downloaded the nVidia drivers and installed them
> myself. Let me know if you need any more info to help me figure out the
> problem.
>
> gorilla

Do the patch. And try other OpenGL games like ET to see if your problem
is UT specific.
!