Unexplained Exit

Howdy all,

I installed UT on Mandrake 9.2 2.4.18 Kernel. The install of UT went
fine using ut-install-436.run. I did not install the patch, should I?
I am able to play in Tournament Mode and I can get online stuff to come
up. I can choose populated servers or just the servers, but if I choose
my favorites it crashes, if I try to start a practice match, it crashes.
Any ideas?

After doing the install of Mandrake, I updated all of the files using
the Mandrake tools. I downloaded the nVidia drivers and installed them
myself. Let me know if you need any more info to help me figure out the
problem.

gorilla
2 answers Last reply
More about unexplained exit

    gorilla enlightened us with:
    > I installed UT on Mandrake 9.2 2.4.18 Kernel.

    2.4.18 is rather old. Perhaps you like to upgrade.

    > The install of UT went fine using ut-install-436.run. I did not
    > install the patch, should I?

    Perhaps it would be nice to tell us about which patch you're talking.
    I'm running UT GOTY version 436 fine here.

    > I am able to play in Tournament Mode and I can get online stuff to
    > come up. I can choose populated servers or just the servers, but if
    > I choose my favorites it crashes, if I try to start a practice
    > match, it crashes.

    Look at the log file in ~/.loki/ut/System/UnrealTournament.log.

    > After doing the install of Mandrake, I updated all of the files
    > using the Mandrake tools. I downloaded the nVidia drivers and
    > installed them myself.

    Do a "glxinfo | grep vendor" in a terminal window to see if you
    installed/configured it correctly.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    gorilla wrote:

    > Howdy all,
    >
    > I installed UT on Mandrake 9.2 2.4.18 Kernel. The install of UT went
    > fine using ut-install-436.run. I did not install the patch, should I?
    > I am able to play in Tournament Mode and I can get online stuff to come
    > up. I can choose populated servers or just the servers, but if I choose
    > my favorites it crashes, if I try to start a practice match, it crashes.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > After doing the install of Mandrake, I updated all of the files using
    > the Mandrake tools. I downloaded the nVidia drivers and installed them
    > myself. Let me know if you need any more info to help me figure out the
    > problem.
    >
    > gorilla

    Do the patch. And try other OpenGL games like ET to see if your problem
    is UT specific.

Servers Video Games