Sign in with
Your question

Ati 5970 poor frame rates in some cod mw2 maps

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
June 14, 2010 9:41:02 AM

Hey folks,

have just recently bought a ATI 5970. Im having some issues with COD MW2, on some maps like Highrise and Rundown im getting really laggy game play and low fps. On other maos like derailed however it runs at a solid 60fps with everything turn up to extra at 2048 x1152. Anyone have any idea why this might be? I just upgraded from a nVidia 295 GTX and I have to say im pretty disappointed with the issues im encountering.
June 14, 2010 9:52:45 AM

Did you remember to completely remove your old ForceWare drivers before installing Catalyst drivers.
June 14, 2010 7:45:09 PM

what are the other specs of your computer, and do make sure that you removed your old Forceware drivers. What resolution did you run the game @ on the 295?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 15, 2010 3:45:04 AM

Yup, remove your old nvidia driver first before installing the ATI driver...
June 15, 2010 6:16:29 AM

Actually I have the same problem!
I have 2 HD 5770's in crossfire and I have VSYNC disabled every map runs 91-93FPS constant and doesn't change.

The only map that Video lags for me is Estate.
And Only when I'm near the bottom of the map where it spawns you EVERY TIME!!!
It lags down to like 40FPS!!!

Crysis I get an average of 57FPS.
Dirt2 I get constant 60FPS.

Every game I throw at it runs way above recommended frame rate, and for some reason COD MW2 runs at like 40FPS only in that section of the map. The rest of the map funs at 91-93.

I've never had an NVidia card in the build.
Never installed an Nvidia driver.
June 15, 2010 1:30:15 PM

that sounds like a strange issue but if its only dropping down to 40 FPS i woudlnt worry about it its still easily playable.. I know which part of estate you are talking about, isnt there alot of foliage there with a large viewing area?
June 15, 2010 11:26:43 PM

Snipergod87 said:
that sounds like a strange issue but if its only dropping down to 40 FPS i woudlnt worry about it its still easily playable.. I know which part of estate you are talking about, isnt there alot of foliage there with a large viewing area?

Yea, there Is.
But, the scene isn't all that hard to run. Im thinking maybe a corrupted texture/model in the brush or somewhere.
!