Audio Outputs Messed Up

sdculp

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
I just received a new computer with an MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard. The sound is integrated Realtek ALC 892.

At this point in the communications it is too difficult to get into much detail, but basically the output audio connectors in most cases have little to do with the signals they are supposed to represent. When you plug in a connector, the software is supposed to tell you what has been plugged in, but mostly it just indicates line in. The microphone input works ok, except that the volume control doesn't work. The green Lout connector works ok, except the mute and volume don't work. The black connector is supposed to be RS out but it does nothing except indicate Lin when inserted, except it won't accept a line in signal. The blue connector does work OK with line in and the volume control works. Does this sound confusing? It sure is!

I am unable to get surround sound with my 4.1 system. Just the front speakers.

Basically, everything is messed up. I don't see how this could happen because everything is hard wired, but is there some way the outputs can be programmed? Has anyone experienced this kind of thing with the MSI/Realtek combo?

sdculp

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
I finally got a solution!. Even though the MOBO was new, the software that came with it was not. The software that controls the audio outputs is programmable and MSI provided me with an update. Problem solved