ECS IC780M-A

Hello,
My motherboard has a AM2+ x4 9750 / 2.40GHZ CPU, powers up for about 2 secs then the fans shut off? Anyone else having this problem?
10 answers Last reply
More about ic780m
  1. Did you just build this rig? This can happen when the CPU fan is plugged into the wrong header.
    What motherboard? If you have a speaker installed what beeps are you getting?
  2. Yes, I am in the process of building it, it is a ECS IC780M-A mother board with no beeps? I double checked the fan header, seems correct (only 1 for cpu)
  3. You say the fans shut off. Does everything shut off - HDs, DVDs, no LEDs showing?
    Are you using DDR2 RAM?
    No beeps?? None?? Is there a speaker installed?
  4. Yes, everything shutsdown, but the power lights stays on, the internal speaker is installed, but no beeps? Also it is DDR2 memory...
  5. Tests:
    PSU-remove PSU from case. Plug a fan into a molex connector. Use a paperclip to jump from the middle green wire to any black wire. Plug into wall, activate. If the PSU starts;

Reinstall, and disconnect everything from the MB except; the CPU and it's fan, one stick of RAM in slot closest to CPU. Use a metal object to briefly jump the two pins that had the power button wire connected. If CPU fan runs, power down and start reconnecting everything one at a time until failure repeats.
  6. Noworldorder said:
    You say the fans shut off. Does everything shut off - HDs, DVDs, no LEDs showing?
    Are you using DDR2 RAM?
    No beeps?? None?? Is there a speaker installed?

Hi, I'm having the same problem, except mine doesn't start at all. When PSU is plugged in & on, I get a green LED on the front. But when I push the ON button, nothing happens. No fans, no beeps, nothing. What to check? PSU or mo-bo or Ram?
    Thanks, Blue
  7. Check PSU first; disconnect it and remove it from the case, jump a paper clip from the green wire in the center to any black wire on the main (24-pin) connector. attach a fan to any molex connector.
    Plug in the PSU and turn on. If both fans spin then it's probably the mobo.
  8. :hello: Noworldorder, you're a prince! I had seen stuff about this test online, but you explained it well enough for me to perform it with confidence. Went great... found that the PSU is working fine. Now I know it's the ECS IC780M-A Mo-Bo that's the problem. Unless you have any other advice, I will ask for a new one. Thanks!!
  9. I am pleased that you were able to perform the needed tests yourself successfully; that is what matters.
    Best of luck!
  10. :wahoo: Make that "Ooops!" I was wrong again! Finally got up the nerve to perform the other test you described, & found the MoBo was working fine too! Turned out I had connected up the F-Panel incorrectly, due to lack of instructions w/ case & MoBo. Found valuable piece of info: Positive (+) side of connector has a tiny ARROW!! And it DOES matter how they are plugged in! So the MoBo was not faulty after all.
    Now I have a new problem, for which I'll start a new subject...
    Thanks for all the help & guidance!!
    BlueAZ
Ask a new question

Read More

Elitegroup ECS CPUs Motherboards