No JPEG from RAW format in Photoshop

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 23, 2004 12:06:08 PM

When I use photoshop with the camera raw plugin, I just cannot save it
to jpeg, only to tiff, raw, pdf,psd formats. How is this possible, I
use Potoshop CS and have canon 20D?

regards
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 12:17:12 PM

"Dr. Rufus" <phalmans@icqmail.nl> wrote in message
> When I use photoshop with the camera raw plugin, I just cannot save it
> to jpeg, only to tiff, raw, pdf,psd formats. How is this possible, I
> use Potoshop CS and have canon 20D?
>
> regards

you probably still have it in 16 bit format - change to 8 bit and you shoudl
be ok
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 2:22:58 PM

Didn't think about that,

thanx

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:17:12 GMT, "stanb"
<soxy1@NOSPAMcyberone.com.au> wrote:

>"Dr. Rufus" <phalmans@icqmail.nl> wrote in message
>> When I use photoshop with the camera raw plugin, I just cannot save it
>> to jpeg, only to tiff, raw, pdf,psd formats. How is this possible, I
>> use Potoshop CS and have canon 20D?
>>
>> regards
>
>you probably still have it in 16 bit format - change to 8 bit and you shoudl
>be ok

December 24, 2004 1:55:21 AM

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:17:12 GMT, "stanb"
> <soxy1@NOSPAMcyberone.com.au> wrote:
>

>>"Dr. Rufus" <phalmans@icqmail.nl> wrote in message
>>
>>>When I use photoshop with the camera raw plugin, I just cannot save it
>>>to jpeg, only to tiff, raw, pdf,psd formats. How is this possible, I
>>>use Potoshop CS and have canon 20D?
>>>

>>you probably still have it in 16 bit format - change to 8 bit and you shoudl
>>be ok
..
You can't go directly from RAW converter to JPEG. But you CAN choose to
convert the RAW image to 8 bit as you convert to .PSD format. From
there, do a Save As (jpeg) and select the amount of compression. You'll
still have the full file in both .PSD and RAW formats.

--
John McWilliams
Anonymous

Kibo informs me that Dr. Rufus <phalmans@icqmail.nl> stated that:

>When I use photoshop with the camera raw plugin, I just cannot save it
>to jpeg, only to tiff, raw, pdf,psd formats. How is this possible, I
>use Potoshop CS and have canon 20D?

You'll need to convert the image from 16 bits to 8 bits before PS will
allow you to save it as a JPEG. You can skip that step if you choose
"Save for Web" instead.
(I got caught the same way a number of times when I was laerning PS. ;)