Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Onboard graphics Running my system!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 4:34:45 PM

Hello!

I have been having crazy issues trying to install this GPU onto my system. The specs for my sys are:

PC2
MOBO: m3n72-d
CPU : Phenom II x3 720
RAM : Corsair xms2 800 ddr2 8gb
GPU(wont install) : GTX 280 - Onboard GPU ATM Nvidia 8series
PSU : Thermaltake toughpower 850w
*edit* MOnitor : Samsung 216bw (1 DVI/ 1 VGA) - which i also tried to plug VGA from the monitor to the TV and did not work!

I recently pulled my gtx 280 from my other computer(PC1) it was SLI'd in. What i wanted to do was hook PC2 up to my 42'' LCDTV @ 60hz 1080p. The mobo book says the onboard gpu supports up to 1080i, but the resolution is still there. I plugged in the TV from the onboard GPU and nothing on the TV. Thats where i said, "OK, i am going to install a dedicated GPU to see if that will work!." I nabbed the 280, and plugged it in and hooked up the wiring, and blank screen at startup. I then shutdown and removed the card. I unplugged the system, cleared cmos, started the system up. Applied driver sweeper on the display drivers, restarted cause it told me to. Then it keeps installed the VGA compatible for the onboard. I uninstalled that through device manager, and shut down. I plugged the 280 in and plugged the wires in the 280 and still blank screen. I did all that over again, and loaded the drivers for the 280. Shutdown, and plugged the 280 back in and hooked the wires, still blank screen.

Am i missing a step somewhere? I have had this GPU in the system working fine in the past. Maybe i didnt sweet the drivers good enough? should i manually delete after its gone from registry?
a c 125 U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 4:56:05 PM

So it works on a monitor but not the TV? Sounds like the TV just doesn't like VGA inputs. Can you use HDMI?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 5:25:03 PM

are u able to see the bios?? or blank screen from the beginning?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 5:55:56 PM

wolfram23 said:
So it works on a monitor but not the TV? Sounds like the TV just doesn't like VGA inputs. Can you use HDMI?

Well, i had my LAPTOP connected to the TV w/ VGA. I understand its a different "system". I also tried HDMI to HDMI and nothing popped up. I was wondering if there was a "reset function" on the TV for inputs.

**edit** crap i just remembered, i pluged into onboard graphics a HDMI connecter to DVI wire to monitor, then VGA monitor to LCDTV VGA input, and still nothing.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 5:56:37 PM

mjsharma said:
are u able to see the bios?? or blank screen from the beginning?

Blanks screen from the beginning. I hit delete throughout the post, and still nothing pops up :D 
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 8:38:21 PM

I would disable the Onboard video in the device manager. Also, you should set your BIOS to boot first from PCIe (GPU).
a c 1382 U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 8:48:00 PM

I take it that you have gone into the menu on the TV and changed the input on the TV to where ever you are plugging into it. That is VGA, HDMI1 and etc.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 11:49:42 PM

multiscreenz said:
I would disable the Onboard video in the device manager. Also, you should set your BIOS to boot first from PCIe (GPU).

I will do the disable thing. I was always uninstalling it.
In bios the it boots from PCIe first, also the onboard is set to AUTO causing it to disable if there is a dedicated gpu plugged in.

I will have to double check the whole "loading from PCIe" first.

It will be check in the morning cause i am at work till midnight
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2010 11:52:59 PM

rolli59 said:
I take it that you have gone into the menu on the TV and changed the input on the TV to where ever you are plugging into it. That is VGA, HDMI1 and etc.

Yeppers.

**EDIT**
With my TV when i input a cable it would recognize it and ask to change to that input. It always did with my laptop. I even tried changing hdmi inputs where my cable transfers through and used that and nothing.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2010 7:35:38 AM

Okay, so get this.
The card i have been trying registered in SLi Mode on my other computer(PC1). After trying the hassle on this computer(PC2) i then unplugged my second card on hand.

I took the card that was not working on PC2 and installed it into PC1. Everything loaded find, then into windows BOOM black screen. I reset and full black screen. I moved the card down one slot, and same thing! Black screen at windows. Heh

So i took the other card in PC1 and plugged it into PC2. Kablooey! Everything works! SOB.... i am going to have to take that card apart and clean it. It has an Accelero GTX 280 installed on it. I had to replace one already, but i dont remember if it were that specific card or not. The last issue i had with the accelero only 2 of the 3 fans were spinning. I was issued a replacement and then it worked fine.... Hrm Any ideas on why it would load to windows then go blank right before going into windows?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 15, 2010 10:15:11 PM

The light on the card is green whenever i turn the computer on and that means its good to me at least. So imma take this bad boy apart and clean it later tonight. But before i do, are there any other takers on
information of why it would black out as it loaded into windows? i could still hear everything load up, just no screen.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2010 1:56:29 AM

Best answer selected by BroHamBone.
m
l
!